When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vintage Head Badges Photos

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Got this in the mail today!
2be805553a4c489ca101e5cb88ea96f8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry, I thought the photos were better. Absolutely horrible resolution! I'll try better next time. I have a bunch of Dutch bike badges also.

WWII era badge

I grew up about 45 miles from this shop.

"During World War II, Landry’s produces custom-built “Challenge” Victory Bicycles, made from refurbished frames and parts, to support local transportation — when gasoline and raw materials were rationed and bicycles were in high demand and short supply." from Landry's Bicycles website.

Last edited by a moderator:
View attachment 1120681
WWII era badge

I grew up about 45 miles from this shop.

"During World War II, Landry’s produces custom-built “Challenge” Victory Bicycles, made from refurbished frames and parts, to support local transportation — when gasoline and raw materials were rationed and bicycles were in high demand and short supply." from Landry's Bicycles website.
Here's another version of the Challenge badge.

Thanks for the example. Do you know the time frame when used?
I thought it was the badge they used during WWII, but I read on their website it was the badge you posted. I'm not sure. Barry

I have two of the style I have, and have seen lots of them around. I've never seen a used one of the version you have.

Last edited:
I thought it was the badge they used during WWII, but I read on their website it was the badge you posted. I'm not sure. Barry

I have two of the style I have, and have seen lots of them around. I've never seen a used one of the version you have.

It is an unused "badge" I picked up thinking it was a "nameplate" attached to something, but not necessarily a bike. It is 3" in diameter and if used as a headbadge it would nearly wrap around a head tube. Also, it is apparently made of brass and not easily bent, very stiff for its thickness. I only interpreted it as a headbadge when seeing it named as such on the Landry's website, otherwise I would not have posted it on this thread. I personally believe that if used on a bike it was mounted flat and not fit to the curve of the tube. Examining the website example it shows clear marks from being mounted to something, but still a flat plate. Maybe mounted on the side of a tank? I have not seen a photo and/or picture of any of their bikes; not sure how long they actually "built" bikes. It seems like that company was primarily a retail and service company and never actually manufactured any bikes just "recycled"/refurbished existing makes. I'm curious as to what was "custom built" regarding these bikes: frame modifications, components, paint/finish, and/or accessories. I have not contacted the business, not sure that their present personnel would have that knowledge. I'd forward a photo of the badge you have; it would be a nice addition to their site. I appreciate your contributions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back