When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wanted Huffman/Huffy 24" crank and bottom bracket parts.

-

bloo

I live for the CABE
I'm looking for a crank and bottom bracket for a 1953 Huffy 24". Sorry I have no good pictures of the parts, as I do not have them. I posted a thread hoping to nail down what was originally used. I got some good information, but not enough to nail down exactly how to ID anything, or to make a serious Ebay search.

So I guess I am looking for someone who parted out a 1952-53-54-ish Huffman/Huffy 24" and saved the crank stuff.

I think I need everything from the cups out, bearings, cones, hardware, and crank. I don't technically need the chainring or pedals, I have those.

Here is a bike Kirk Thomas had for sale on the CABE in 2016. It is identical to mine, even the paint, but probably a year older:

p1190348-jpg.jpg

And a 1953 girls 24 from another CABE thread:

979a90d1-d7f3-40ac-90aa-badcfff386a6-jpeg.jpg

Mine with bent Shelby crank:

yyobzca-jpg.jpg

I have a 26" girls setup that could be the same for the 24" boys maybe? Crank, chainring and what else you need if you are interested let me know.

I have what you need $20 shipped or $25 plus the ride for the whole bike.

I am leaning heavily toward this because the whole setup is from the same bike, though I suspect a few years newer.

I have a 26" girls setup that could be the same for the 24" boys maybe? Crank, chainring and what else you need if you are interested let me know.

Well that's a wrinkle I didn't think of. Does anyone know if the girls cranks are a different length in in 24 than boys? I was assuming they are the same, but I have no idea.

Back