When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What does your current project look like now?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
wow. many times things that radical don't look right, that one looks good. never saw that before.
I got to see this thing in person a few years ago at the Darryl Starbird Car Show in Tulsa before they finished the fenders. There is a lot of extreme fabrication involved in this car/truck. Here's a video of it that shows more than what the photos can:

I don't know if I'll commit to making my Newsboy Special look like a '59 Chevy, but if I do, I'd love to achieve a comparable level of wild & crazy as this '59 Elco.

Current 2 projects I'm doing together. Need to find a set if black wall tires head badge rivets and mount the Delta Defender light on the black one and the blue one needs a blue 6 hole rack and front loader light.

20211006_102423.jpg

20211003_145024.jpg

(Project Update) 1953 Roadmaster CWC Racer.
The "RoadRuster"! This one has been fun. Just have to finish seat, pedals and tail light. Spent lots of time eyeballing this one during the build.

I was going to mockup a few different front wheels, forks and fenders on my Newsboy Special today, but I decided to start with my craziest idea first... and well, now I almost feel that there's no need to mockup the other parts. I took the repop 26" Schwinn-style springer fork I plan to use for my "Poison Apple" trike project, and flipped the steerer tube upside-down so the bike would have a greater rake to it. (Shout-out to @Reallybigtim for the inspiration!) And boy, what a rake! This is that aggressive rake I was looking for ever since I got this bike! Those straight bars that make up the rear rack are almost in-line with the front axle! And the bike has that hot rod/rail dragster vibe I was aiming for! I'm loving it as is, but I think with some refinement, this idea could turn into something awesome!
View attachment 1486700
View attachment 1486701
View attachment 1486702
View attachment 1486703
View attachment 1486704
View attachment 1486705
Thanks for the call out. Of course, I love that project. Looks just like something I would build. And what a frame! Here are some of my thoughts as I study it. These are merely suggestions for experimentation, of course. Lower the seat and level it out and make the frame look more kicked up in the back and angled. That rear rack has so many possibilities too. A cool antique taillight would look great attached to that rear center post. Mount a cool headlight on top of the springer post. You could flip the stem forward to see if you like it better, or rotate the bars forward until they are perpendicular with those long center tubes of the frame. That would make it look more raked. Remove the kickstand.....it's ugly and probably not usable anyway. Use shorter cranks to make it more ridable. Experiment with every possible combination that you can. But here is the craziest idea I thought of for that build: It is a Newsboy Special. Somehow, mount an old wire handlebar basket under the bars. You could rest your feet on it for coasting. That would be completely obnoxious!

Thanks for the call out. Of course, I love that project. Looks just like something I would build. And what a frame! Here are some of my thoughts as I study it. These are merely suggestions for experimentation, of course. Lower the seat and level it out and make the frame look more kicked up in the back and angled. That rear rack has so many possibilities too. A cool antique taillight would look great attached to that rear center post. Mount a cool headlight on top of the springer post. You could flip the stem forward to see if you like it better, or rotate the bars forward until they are perpendicular with those long center tubes of the frame. That would make it look more raked. Remove the kickstand.....it's ugly and probably not usable anyway. Use shorter cranks to make it more ridable. Experiment with every possible combination that you can. But here is the craziest idea I thought of for that build: It is a Newsboy Special. Somehow, mount an old wire handlebar basket under the bars. You could rest your feet on it for coasting. That would be completely obnoxious!
Thanks Tim!
  • Agreed, the seat needs to be lower and level.
  • I know TRM put some sort of light on the rear rack of his Firebolt he built a few years ago. I've been thinking of doing that myself!
  • A headlight would be cool.
  • I would have mounted the handlebar stem the other way, but it wouldn't clear the front tire. I need a different stem to make that work. I had one on another bike that could have been perfect, but I sold that bike months ago. I have some ideas for custom handlebars to make riding the bike a lot easier, though.
  • Yeah, the kickstand's pretty much useless now. I was thinking about shortening it so I could still use it, but maybe I could attach a butterfly kickstand instead.
  • I've got some shorter cranks I can install on it. I need to mock everything back up so I can test ride it before I commit to this crazy springer fork setup.
  • Hmmmmmm.... That is a crazy idea. I like it, but man, I don't know how I'd mount the basket to the bars with everything the way it is. It's worth trying though!

Thanks for your seal of approval and those awesome ideas Tim! I appreciate it!

Back