When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is this old boys bike part 2

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
The integral kickstand stops make it a 1940 C model don't they? I have #F71444, and it's a B model. I believe it to be early 41 because of the 41 crank but F is usually listed as 1940. This is 46,672 bottom bracket shells earlier. Anyone know how many bikes Schwinn was cranking out in a month back then?.

41 C with Huffman / Shelby parts ? Like Chris said , lotta bastard Schwinn's showing up ( and other models), but gotta remember, pre and post war money was tight and people made do with what they had, like building bikes from parts. So really not that unusual, but why you really got to look at "junk" bikes before disregarding.
Rule of thumb for me is any old bike that even makes me stop for a second, if the price is right, take it home and figure it out after the fact. Nothing like passing on a bike only to figure out what it was AFTER the fact.

Back