When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's The Biggest Rust Bucket You've Bought And Brought Home?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
40 Huffman big tank . Even the fork was rusted shut

View attachment 1739719
1000010269.jpg

Our '41 from the same mother.
This Huffman was probably the most trashed bike I've yet reworked into something of purpose, keeping in mind I live Apartment life and hold limited tools for the space.
Unfortunately, the Mast disconnected from the crank housing after its first couple of rides., pulled clean out. They're never done..

It's the middle one in this lineup.
1000007115.jpg

What can I say, I like my bacon Crispy 🥓

Robin

View attachment 1997648
Our '41 from the same mother.
This Huffman was probably the most trashed bike I've yet reworked into something of purpose, keeping in mind I live Apartment life and hold limited tools for the space.
Unfortunately, the Mast disconnected from the crank housing after its first couple of rides., pulled clean out. They're never done..

It's the middle one in this lineup.
View attachment 1997651
What can I say, I like my bacon Crispy 🥓

Robin
Love these old bikes Robin. I picked up a crusty old Hawthorne last fall from an antique engine show for 25.00 that has a basket, lots of patina and rust and a 1968 Two Rivers plate to boot. RideOn.

Love these old bikes Robin. I picked up a crusty old Hawthorne last fall from an antique engine show for 25.00 that has a basket, lots of patina and rust and a 1968 Two Rivers plate to boot. RideOn.
Very very cool
I hope to see more from you in this thread going forward! We share much the same eye for that warm, crusty oxidation. I'd never thought before a few years ago to do the trade shows like old engines and tractor stuff to find bikes but it makes sense those into that had that background and those barns. Of course they turn up! I gotta start getting into that more.

Always happy to hear another got saved.
Ride On!

Robin

A Western Flyer / Sonic Flyer . It was recovered in a flooded basement. I got it for free , I guess for my efforts for helping clean up said basement.
View attachment 1998168
Kept the rust and added more patina with Tripple P ( Porkchop's [ @Porkchop & Applesauce ] Patina Potion )
View attachment 1998169

Just curious as to how bad some of us will go to bring a bike home to work on. 😬

If you wish, please include what you paid for it.😜
I brought home a 1949 Columbia recently that both rims were rusted through. Surprisingly the rest of the bike is in pretty good shape.

IMG_8303.jpeg

IMG_8220.jpeg

IMG_8161.jpeg

IMG_8197.jpeg

IMG_8200.jpeg

I brought home a 1949 Columbia recently that both rims were rusted through. Surprisingly the rest of the bike is in pretty good shape.

View attachment 1998313

View attachment 1998314

View attachment 1998315

View attachment 1998319

View attachment 1998320
Looks like a Huffy that I drug home several years ago. Rims were worse than this, so I just swapped out new wheels and tires and had new rims laced with new spokes and rims are good to go. Good luck. Mark.

Back