When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WHO HAS A Bike from the original OWNER ?? With a story to boot !!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
just bought this 53 Hetchins Magnum Bonam ,from the original owners
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600 (2).jpg
s-l1600 (1).jpg
s-l1600 (3).jpg

that is when the guy went in the shop ,and the frame was there ,to be built up , ..his son took all of the campy stuff and threw it out. when he painted the bike

image.jpg
Just to renew this post, I purchased this '39 Huffman Pacemaker from the original owner, who at in his mid 80's got it new when he was 10 years old. When I went to see it, it was up in his garage attic. He said to me that there was another part to the bike up there in a bag if I wanted it too! Said he took it off many years ago because he didn't like it. Lo and behold....found the original tank up there!

image.jpg

image.jpg
image.jpg
I love bikes when they have a story about them
I purchased this brother/sister combo of '57 Corvettes from not the original owner but from his son who was in his 70's down in Hyannisport, MA a few years ago. The story about these bikes is his father was the private physician to President Eisenhauer and back in the day performed a life saving surgery on a high ranking Schwinn exec, possibly the president of Schwinn. In appreciation of his life saving performance, he was presented these two Schwinn Corvettes for his family.

The coolest one we've ever gotten from the original owner has it's own thread, but will add it here:
1940 Schwinn DX with reverse paint guard and rack- Dona got it when she was 8, and we bought it from her last year when she was 82. The pics of her are the icing on the cake. :)
Dona girls 2 edited.jpg
Dona 80's edited.jpg
11947472_1651391025132578_7872828478548288340_n.jpg

This 1956 Schwinn Streamliner came from the original owner's family, see his daughter with the bike coming out of storage
Chris w Streamliner.jpg
streamliner.jpg

And this 1940 Huffman big tank came from the original owners' widow, stored in their WV barn for decades....
dayton inside barn.jpg
Dayton done 1.jpg

This '55 Radiobike came from a trio of brothers, they received the bike new from their grandparents after their youngest brother passed away, the 3 of them shared it. Heard how they had to ride in one direction to get radio reception...
grn radiobike.jpg

Got a bunch more middleweight Schwinns from the original owners, but this 1961 Flying Star is one of my favorites as it was the first bike I ever bought, and the one my mom, who graduated in 1961, rides when she comes over. :)
Darcie & Nick
flying star.jpg

The coolest one we've ever gotten from the original owner has it's own thread, but will add it here:
1940 Schwinn DX with reverse paint guard and rack- Dona got it when she was 8, and we bought it from her last year when she was 82. The pics of her are the icing on the cake. :)
View attachment 296136 View attachment 296137 View attachment 296138

This 1956 Schwinn Streamliner came from the original owner's family, see his daughter with the bike coming out of storage
View attachment 296139 View attachment 296140

And this 1940 Huffman big tank came from the original owners' widow, stored in their WV barn for decades....
View attachment 296142 View attachment 296143

This '55 Radiobike came from a trio of brothers, they received the bike new from their grandparents after their youngest brother passed away, the 3 of them shared it. Heard how they had to ride in one direction to get radio reception...
View attachment 296151

Got a bunch more middleweight Schwinns from the original owners, but this 1961 Flying Star is one of my favorites as it was the first bike I ever bought, and the one my mom, who graduated in 1961, rides when she comes over. :)
Darcie & Nick
View attachment 296152
Great stories....and lots of memories behind them. It's so cool to ride an antique bike but so much cooler when you know who used to ride it in yesteryear!

Back