When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ZULIANI Oria 'helical' frame

-
Thanks @bulldog1935 . I am familiar with the "tre tubi" having a few Columbus frames of that designation, but I appreciate the heads-up with you not assuming I was already aware of its meaning. I often I take for granted that someone knows what I am talking about without even thinking it is not in their knowledge base. I never take it as an insult when being educated; only makes me all the better for it.

I neglected to mention that the tubing has 8 grooves. I initially just assumed 6 like the straight grooved Columbus "ESA" or Falck tubes.

New info from member on BDC-mag site:
"Aldo Zuliani, my fellow villager who died a few years ago, also made the Giro professional at the time. Then he opened and managed for many years with his wife a bike shop not far from home. In the area there are many bikes branded Zuliani, purchased from his shop. I imagine that those of a certain range if he had them made by some local craftsman (Zanella or Railz to name a few) but I'm not sure. Surely his wife, still alive, would be able to give an answer on the matter."

Well, not sure about contacting his wife (she must be quite old, unless Aldo married a very young bride late in his life; he was born in late 1929). It is with fair confidence now knowing that he ran a shop that the frame was probably one of his made by contract. It would be interesting if it was a Zanella frame. I have never heard of Railz before. A good chance I could contact Dino and get some more info about whether he made frames for Zuliani or not.

I managed to find some Zuliani bikes on Subito's site, but no good detailed shots.

Well I have not found much info on this frame, but I did find a good Conti example of a similar spiral groove frame, but no tube ID decal present.

s-l1600 - 2022-07-15T092050.116.jpg

s-l1600 - 2022-07-15T092013.704.jpg

s-l1600 - 2022-07-15T091916.000.jpg

(photo credits: B & G Legendary bikes) A note about this company: I had done a lot of business with this company and offered them a fair amount of money to pick up, pack, and ship a bicycle for me. They charge about $160 to ship a complete bike that they have as stock. They wanted to charge me €1000 to pick up (about 120 miles total round trip), pack, and ship the bike. I no longer do business with them. The same bike was picked up, packed, and sent for €250 by another Italian supplier. I would have had no problem if I had never done any business with B & G before, but having already given them my business (some for improperly described/identified frames; I never complained) I found it to be a poor attempt at making an undue profit from me while still willing to provide them a reasonable profit with my original monetary offer for a simple service that they already do to acquire bikes for their on business.

Last edited:
This is my first post! I was doing some research on a frame that I'm selling and was directed to this page from another similar page over at "Bike Forums". I posted there too. Just thought I would share since this tubing still seems to be somewhat of a mystery.

IMG_0092 Large.jpeg

IMG_0097 Large.jpeg

IMG_0102 Large.jpeg

Back