When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1918 Columbia renovation

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
"Bodywork" done. Most of the hard work was already done for me and the frame needed minimal work...all cosmetic. I just used automotive primer I had laying around...and painted with the Aervoe 34087. It was hard for me to tell online, but definitely looks great and as stated, lots more brown and yellow in the Aervoe as compared to others such as Gillespie or Rapco 34087.

Rat trap disassembly....I was kinda worried about screwing these up taking them apart, but it was ok....a bunch of detail pictures...hopefully these will help someone along the way.

only damage from the pliers....

Careful here! BOTH ENDS! Some tried to run, but I found them.

This was probably one of the harder decisions I had to make. I wanted period patriotic type of bell...because why not? It was plated....and I will restore the base and then re-enamel the details. The only thing that got me ok with that decision was that it would look out of place on the bright shiny new bike. I think the bell will be happy in it's new home.

This is my first attempt at restoring a bicycle...everything else has been larger. This is more fun because they fit in the house and I don't hurt for 2 days after working on them. I guess I get excited over little things. :yum:

Stay safe...wash your hands.

Some random stuff...

the old colors...

And using @Bozman plans, painters dropcloth and a can of flex seal....Phil Swift would be proud.

Fingers all intact...

More cuts needed...

I didn't get a pic, but I sprayed a final coat using the last of the can. I even made the rubberized canvas authentic by overspraying the gravel and dirt in! Cool thing, after the flap totally cured, it retained the shape of the fender perfectly!

Phil.jpg

Last edited:
That’s beautiful. I get it. I work on machines bigger than my house. Huge bridge mills and automation systems. I enjoy the detail of something I can lift without a crane.
Great job, keep your pictures coming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back