When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1956 Simplex Automatic Servi Cycle Build Thread

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Been sidetracked with this project lately
8C5CBE98-31ED-49E8-BD7C-D13176629E18.jpeg
But, I’ve made some progress on the Simplex...
433B1947-1863-45B8-9D2F-7D82ACC14D1A.jpeg

-Connor

Well, this thread has been dead for awhile... I’ve finally made it back to this project. Just got the last little pieces from Wayne - should be able to get it running here pretty soon.

Decided to give it a good cleaning today. To my surprise, the paint is going to buff out really nicely (tested the front bumper). I also wire brushed some spokes and they cleaned up real nice.
-Connor
D0B43007-A28B-4AB6-BFC8-0A86A83A6B7F.jpeg

571688E9-A84C-4FEA-9123-52AB43094F67.jpeg

11F2E6D6-5FE0-44BF-95B0-F67574CB84D3.jpeg

I am glad that you bought that Simplex instead of me. Your restoration looks so good. I would have taken a bunch of short cuts.

I admire your efforts. I don't mean to rain on your thread but the Simplex engine was not known to be very dependable. In 40 years on going to antique motorcycle shows and swap meets I rarely see one of these running. You always see them laying there fore sale with the motor in pieces and very low miles on the speedometer. I wish you good luck.

Last edited:
Back