When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1965 Schwinn Varsity - Value

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Mbwillwerth77

On Training Wheels
Hello all--

New to this forum and loving it so far. I picked up this 1965 Schwinn Varsity recently and was wondering the value of it. The gentleman I bought it off was the original owner and said the tires were the only part that wasn't original to the bike. Any information helps!

Thanks!

IMG_7190.jpg

Looks like a clean bike. I used to do good to get $75 for one of these but think they are doing a little better now. Have you researched eBay for any comps--what they actually sold for? V/r Shawn

No idea on the value today. I paid $125 for one 10 or 15 years ago. I was looking specifically for one with the downtube shifters(pre-'67).
I would guess that the chainring guard is a later addition. I don't remember them coming on the bikes until '67...perhaps late '66.
Original cable housing was gray.

No idea on the value today. I paid $125 for one 10 or 15 years ago. I was looking specifically for one with the downtube shifters(pre-'67).
I would guess that the chainring guard is a later addition. I don't remember them coming on the bikes until '67...perhaps late '66.
Original cable housing was gray.
Yeah, was thinking the same thing, 'No Chain ring guard' so, I looked up a 65 here, this one is incredibly nice with detailed photos:
dsc_2265-jpg.jpg

https://thecabe.com/forum/threads/1965-coppertone-schwinn-varsity.77216/.
Regardless, that Violet looks exceptional.

Yeah, was thinking the same thing, 'No Chain ring guard' so, I looked up a 65 here, this one is incredibly nice with detailed photos
Cody has a bunch of really beautiful bikes, and a lot of knowledge about these early derailleur equipped lightweights.
It's a shame that we don't hear much from him anymore.

Hello all--

New to this forum and loving it so far. I picked up this 1965 Schwinn Varsity recently and was wondering the value of it. The gentleman I bought it off was the original owner and said the tires were the only part that wasn't original to the bike. Any information helps!

Thanks!

View attachment 1542326
Hi Mbwillwerth77,
I feel that the value of any vintage bicycle is subjective. Your bike is most likely a '67 model, having a Sprint chainring and a guard. The Violet paint is hard to find and could add some value here, as well as the Sprint derailleurs. Closer pictures will show the condition better and help to determine value. I searched high and low for a Violet Varsity, eventually buying one I had owned back from a fellow collector. I paid 500.00 for mine and considered it a gift, factoring in the condition, a Miller generator set, touring pedals and n.o.s. Schwinn whitewall Sports Touring tires. it was a buddy deal, for sure! It would be nice to see your bike cleaned and detailed. I'm not a fan of messing with originality or decals, but that downtube decal is being reproduced. Oh, by the way, welcome to the C.A.B.E.

Violet Varsity 012.JPG

Violet Varsity 015.JPG

Violet Varsity 016.JPG

Violet Varsity 017.JPG

Back