When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1995 (?) Schwinn Cruiser...Should I Consider It?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

HARPO

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
I had a 1995 Anniversary Cruiser many years ago and sold it. Now, a friend knows someone selling this one and all I have to go on are these two photos.

My question is, what would be a fair price to offer, based on just these two photos? I don't need this bike...I wasn't looking for one...I'm not even sure I want it. But if the price is right, I'd find it hard to turn it down. Rust appears to be minimal (junk chrome).

Should I even offer $100-$150 for it? At that price, if accepted, I figure it would be worth it. ;)

I had a bad experience on a green one just like that. I bought it new for i think $300 or so and it seemed to ride pretty well. I then decided to take it on a flat 1/2 century ride and half way through the ride the crank on the right side broke in two and caused a nasty spill. Obviously i dont think highly of those bikes.

I had a bad experience on a green one just like that. I bought it new for i think $300 or so and it seemed to ride pretty well. I then decided to take it on a flat 1/2 century ride and half way through the ride the crank on the right side broke in two and caused a nasty spill. Obviously i dont think highly of those bikes.

Ironically, the one I had was green also. It was Mint and I paid $100 for it (about 4 years ago) and decided not to keep it and sold it for $350 after detailing it. If I do get this one, it will be just a project to work on. It won't see much saddle time, and hopefully I will not have the same horrible, dangerous experience you had.

Last edited:
I think I have had these in every variation there is....locking fork, long front fender, persons seat, A/S bolts and Pedals....Then some have a cheesy fork, allen wrench stems, short fenders etc: Burgandy, Blue, Green, Black. Here is Green one I sold not long ago for ---- hold on ----- $675

I'm reading this thread with interest, as there is a burgandy Cruiser Deluxe for sale locally for $200. Seller started at $300 for each bike in the picture, but now is down to $200 each. I just can't seem to get the interest to go see it (have no interest in the woman's bike). Probably same reason it's still for sale, just not a lot of interest in these bikes... Maybe if it comes down to $100, but even then, don't want to buy something that's not the greatest quality. On the other hand, they've survived this long...

I'm reading this thread with interest, as there is a burgandy Cruiser Deluxe for sale locally for $200. Seller started at $300 for each bike in the picture, but now is down to $200 each. I just can't seem to get the interest to go see it (have no interest in the woman's bike). Probably same reason it's still for sale, just not a lot of interest in these bikes... Maybe if it comes down to $100, but even then, don't want to buy something that's not the greatest quality. On the other hand, they've survived this long...

View attachment 1229812

I would buy these at $200ea if given the opportunity. But only because I am partial to the Cruiser style of bikes.

I ride past one exactly like the one you are looking at daily on Lake Huron. It sits as yard art all year. I keep saying I am going to stop if I see someone outside and ask them if they are interested in selling or trading for a real yard art, but looking at their million $ home on the lake I am sure they paid a few hundred just for the yard art and aren't interested.

I guess if I can get it cheap enough, I'll take it. I've done some research on the early ones, made when the Scott Group owned Schwinn. When Pacific bought Schwinn, everything went overseas and I believe it was then that the quality went down further still.

I don't know when and where this particular model was made, but I like the fact that it has the duck billed fenders. I've only seem these on the Phantom Anniversary models.

Still waiting to hear if I'm getting it or not...:cool:

Back