When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'47 Hex Tube

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Well I'm still hunting the acorn nut for the springer but I have one on and I actually rode it about a mile just to make sure everything was good--smooth ride but the seat is hard as hell. May have to send that one to Bob for a little padding! First pic is how it was when I picked it up. V/r Shawn

Attachments

• Hex1.JPG
    Hex1.JPG
    259 KB · Views: 175
  • hex14 - Copy.JPG
    hex14 - Copy.JPG
    257.7 KB · Views: 179
  • hex15 - Copy.JPG
    hex15 - Copy.JPG
    250.1 KB · Views: 186
  • hex17 - Copy.JPG
    hex17 - Copy.JPG
    246.4 KB · Views: 180
i rode mine in san francisco today and it was real popular with all the bike folks.i showed pics of yours and told them i could only hope it would clean up like yours.

You're bikes are all great.you lucky guy you! Rob.

Thanks Rob but luck is only a small part of it. A few of my bikes, including the Hex Tube, took a lot of work to make them presentable. Having some really great friends and acquaintances here on the CABE and elsewhere pays off too. V/r Shawn

that is beautiful....

I found one on SAn Fran craigslist and it wasn't complete but got a great deal on it.... also worked for HOURS polishing it... Have the proper Lobdell seat now... still looking for rest of parts...

I love riding her and she gets lots of compliments. Random people will even stop and take a pic of her when she is inconspicuously locked to a bike rack.

hex.jpg

Last edited:
I found one on SAn Fran craigslist and it wasn't complete but got a great deal on it.... also worked for HOURS polishing it... Have the proper Lobdell seat now... still looking for rest of parts...

I love riding her and she gets lots of compliments. Random people will even stop and take a pic of her when she is inconspicuously locked to a bike rack.

View attachment 145708

Very nice looking Hex Tube! With a few parts you will have one awesome bikes. Congrats on the find! Maybe we can combine forces and convince Freqman1 to sell us his rack, chainguard and fenders. Are you game? I have dibs on the chain guard though ;)

Last edited:
Here is a photo of my Hex Tube. It is slightly modified. It weighs about 60Ibs without accessories 180Ibs with ;)

Attachments

• IMG_0385.jpg
    IMG_0385.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_0386-1.jpg
    IMG_0386-1.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 102
  • DSCF2711.jpg
    DSCF2711.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:
Infor re: handlebars

Hi there.

I'm working on what is likely my one and only bike project. I have a hex tube that my grandfather won in a theater raffle in 1947/48. My hope is to get it close to original so I can give it to my grandson at some point in the future.

So far, I've had luck rounding up parts here and there, but I don't believe the handle bars are original.

Can you please give dimensions of the correct handlebars and maybe provide a close up pic of the stem?

thanks.

Back