When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'47 Hex Tube

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Wow... I already though it looked amazing but that is exponentially better that it was in your Feb 18 post. Fine work.

So I finished the frame tonight and will start this week putting the bike back together and hope to do a check ride by the end of the week unless life gets in the way! V/r Shawn

Looks great but you didn't tell us what products you used to get it like that. Did you just use wet/dry sandpaper or some product like Never Dull? Did you use any wax after sanding it? Just curious. Did I mention I like that chain guard? :)

Looks great but you didn't tell us what products you used to get it like that. Did you just use wet/dry sandpaper or some product like Never Dull? Did you use any wax after sanding it? Just curious. Did I mention I like that chain guard? :)

Hey Sped see post #33. Mothers mag polish and Johnsons paste wax as a sealer. You can give up on the guard--the only way anyone gets that is if I ever cut loose of the whole bike. Trust me it would be much cheaper for you to send yours out and have it re-chromed! V/r Shawn

Ok its starting to look like a bike! I still need to service one pedal, service the chain, true the wheels, and finish restoring the headlight. I'm also still missing the acorn nut for the springer. Until I can find the proper one I'm gonna hit some hardware stores this weekend just to find something so I can ride it. V/r Shawn

Attachments

• assy4 - Copy.JPG
    assy4 - Copy.JPG
    242 KB · Views: 119
  • assy5 - Copy.JPG
    assy5 - Copy.JPG
    267.7 KB · Views: 120
  • assy6 - Copy.JPG
    assy6 - Copy.JPG
    269.3 KB · Views: 118
  • assy7 - Copy.jpg
    assy7 - Copy.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 116
  • assy8 - Copy.JPG
    assy8 - Copy.JPG
    277 KB · Views: 115
VERY NICE Shawn, one of my favorite bikes. About 12 years ago I saw one of these at Copake, super polished with a Monark Twin motor and chromed tank on it. Price was $5500.00. ( I had the cash on me) Don't know if that was too much money back then but I have been kicking myself in the balls ever since. Can't wait to see yours finished.

That may be the most luminescent bicycle I've ever seen! Well done Shawn!

Can't wait to see it with tires on the ground.

WOW! That looks amazing! Looks like chrome!!! What a process you detailed! Nice work! Someday, someone, somewhere will wonder how it got so pretty!

SWEET!!!!! and inspiration to get going on mine soon.right now i'm having too much fun riding it and telling anyone who asks it's story.i only hope mine comes out half as nice.

Back