When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'47 Hex Tube

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Hi there.

I'm working on what is likely my one and only bike project. I have a hex tube that my grandfather won in a theater raffle in 1947/48. My hope is to get it close to original so I can give it to my grandson at some point in the future.

So far, I've had luck rounding up parts here and there, but I don't believe the handle bars are original.

Can you please give dimensions of the correct handlebars and maybe provide a close up pic of the stem?

thanks.

I'll take a pic of the stem and send dimensions of the bars this evening. V/r Shawn

I'll take a pic of the stem and send dimensions of the bars this evening. V/r Shawn

Ok the bars measure about 27" across with a 4" rise and 9" of pullback. The stem is a fairly common piece used on many bikes from the 40's-50's and is probably a Wald piece. V/r Shawn

stem1.JPG
stem2.JPG
stem3.JPG
stem4.JPG
hex18 - Copy.JPG

thanks for the info on the handle Freqman. very much appreciated.

Looks like there is a set of handlebars on ebay (1953) that are wrong handles, but right stem.

Back