When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

49 b6. Bummed.

-
I picked it up from FedEx and when I got it home I took a few pics of the outside of the box. And a couple pics with the box open just to show how there wasn't any packing materials in the box. Other than the ziploc bag with the cover destroyed laying in the bottom.

Did you take any “as arrived” photos? If so I would file a complaint with EBay and let them resolve the issue. V/r Shawn

File a " not as described" claim with pay pal and you will get action, Usually they will get your money back and the seller has to pay the return shipping,

IMG_6033.JPG
Starting to go together.

I would at the very least expect $100.00 back to pay for the train light and stem. that would be generous. I bought 3 of those buggers before I found one that fit the fender right. ebay does give partial refunds. a buddy bought a rare intake manifold that arrived cracked due to poor packing. he did not want to send it back and ebay refunded enough to where he could get it welded and repaired

if he is a big seller go through on a fake account and buy all his buy it nows if he does not give you satisfaction.

I would at the very least expect $100.00 back to pay for the train light and stem. that would be generous. I bought 3 of those buggers before I found one that fit the fender right. ebay does give partial refunds. a buddy bought a rare intake manifold that arrived cracked due to poor packing. he did not want to send it back and ebay refunded enough to where he could get it welded and repaired

if he is a big seller go through on a fake account and buy all his buy it nows if he does not give you satisfaction.

i didn't want a refund on anything until he started being a dick. Told me he knew I was going to be one of them buyers. Lol. I told him if the bike was in the condition he said it was in I would've had no problem at all. But it wasn't at all. We are slowly working something out. We will see what happens.

The buy it now suggestion is a great idea but I don't think he sells a lot. But boy if he did I'd be making that fake account lmao.

No doubt,,, I would be passed if E-Bay doesn't enforce some compensation for the bad experience altogether on your transaction.Not to mention there printed policies & worded refund procedures are questionable. Still no excuse for your bad experience in this purchase.

This guy bent the forks and rear of frame to get the wheels out, busted the stem off to get the handle bars off, broke the fender mounts and then gave up on getting them off. Then he packed the bike like the one above. I'm not trying to say it was very nice to start with, but my goodness! When I pointed these things out to the seller, he got pissed and told me I didn't get as good a deal as I thought for a 1936 motorbike. He was mad it didn't sell for more money in the auction and I think he took it out on me. It took a while , but I did get my money back except $100.00. I got to keep the messed up bike and did fix most of the problems, then did a compete restoration on it.. I wanted it to start with because of the rare headbadge name and am glad I have it now. It did take a while to get the sower taste out of my mouth. LOL

The forks were to far gone to save!
SAM_1999.JPG
SAM_2000.JPG
SAM_2001.JPG
SAM_2002.JPG
SAM_1969.JPG
SAM_1976.JPG
SAM_1980.JPG

About 1 in 10 items I've gotten from Ebay have been damaged due to poor packing.

I once had a guy who sent me a glass in a plain manila envelope with no packing whatsoever.
Just dropped the fragile glass into the envelope and sent it in the mail.
Guess what I received?
bag-o-glass_4.jpg

It happens to everyone at some point, and it can even happen when something is properly packed. I once received a package that had been damaged early in the Fed Ex shipping process and was basically beaten down from then on. This was a Sturmey S5 hub of the type with a bell crank and a push-pin shifter mechanism. The push pin, which sits in the axle, had been bent off to one side (fixable with some care). The bell crank had come out of the box early on through the side, and had dragged all the way through the Fed Ex shipping facility to the point it had been ground down to a nub. It must have been dragging the entire way along the shipping conveyor, and the whole thing smacked of negligence in the shipping process. The package was packed reasonably well by someone familiar with shipping bikes, and only traveled from Connecticut to Virginia.

Fed Ex begged out of it, saying it was improperly packed (they always do this). Bike Flights picked up the full tab. Go with Bike Flights today, if given any choice. They tend to backstop some of Fed Ex's scurrying off.

Back