When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A College Student Rode This Dangerous Bike To His Graduation.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I don't think that I've seen junk bicycle frames welded together like that since the Ramblin' Raft Race in the early seventies.
There were a couple of excellent pedal powered rafts that engineering undergrads at Tech built and successfully rode upon during the event's first two years. The general public saw these simple but effective pedal powered rafts, and a large number of trash bicycle frames provided pedal power for home-made rafts of anybody & everybody from everywhere during the '71 and later events. This event was the first of its kind, and was the largest of its kind in the nation, and it spurred on a great many other areas to have these great fun, free for all, wild crazy river parties, until the high times, anything goes, seventies came to a close and rational and sober decision makers and permit approvers realized it was beyond being just dangerously out of control.
You'd never see anything on that size and scale level of wildness ever again.
It was a time when assumed risk was a different concept and lawyers couldn't advertise on television, so then the only lawyers involved were among the partying raft riders floating down the river.

I'm not so sure that those times are completely over(Ramblin' Raft Race).
I've never been to one, but it brings the Burning Man Festival to mind.

I have hung out with this guy and he is pretty chill. I used to ride a highwheel so we had something to talk about. This is his "daily driver"

View attachment 1759114

I didn't know where to put this on the CABE. I went to my niece's graduation and this guy and his junk bike were the center of attention. He was proficient so he didn't break anything on himself or other classmates. The lettering says Sunshine Community (?). Does this mean that there are more Looneys? It is not good transportation after a drunken grad party. I only took one bad picture. It had a seat and bars but I was interested in the frame assembly. One front brake so he crawls up the frame and pushes off from the lamp post?, OH MY. Where is his mom?
I've seen similar. Back in the day it was the thing to take an old head of an Iron bed and add bike parts. The rider would pedal from way up on top.

Back