When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

All wood rim makers marks

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
French - Wolber

View attachment 714877

History
A first factory opened in 1898 in Levallois-Perret on a site of 1 110 m2, occupying 80 people.

A second factory opened in 1904 in Vailly-sur-Aisne. In 1910, it occupied 10 hectares and employed 400 workers. It was specialized in the manufacture of bicycle tires, its manufacture then reached 500,000 bandages per year.

Finally, a third factory opened in Soissons.

The house A. Wolber was awarded at the International Exhibition of Industries and Labor in Turin in 1911 with a gold medal for his tires.

During the First World War, the factories of Vailly-sur-Aisne and Soissons were largely destroyed.

In 1972, Wolber was bought by Michelin. The activity continued another 27 years, before the final closure of the Soissons site in 1999
They made some interesting saddles too, often using a rubberized canvas instead of leather tops.

A few more images for Constrictor wood rims..... Note the Sole Agency UK stamp and the made in France Fairbanks label. Obviously Constrictor - only added their label as part of a contractual agency agreement.
s-l1600-4.jpg
s-l1600-6.jpg

s-l1600-5.jpg

Hello i am new here. Very interesting stuff. I have a question. Does anyone recognise this logo. Tnx from the netherlands

View attachment 1506249
I can't help personally, but hopefully someone may recognise it.
Welcome to the Cabe Wim.
Here's another example I spotted recently from
D'Alessandro, Milan, or D.A.M..
I think Will already posted them on page 1 of this thread, but the colours of the decal are better on these ones.....
20210802_140015.jpg

Thanks, Darren!
I sure miss Will, aka Filmonger, and his contributions to the Cabe.
If we had a research librarians hall of fame, he would be right at the very top of the list.

Back