When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bicycle shop stickers

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
1619725539260.png

1619725565627.png

Sweet early Sting-Ray sold at Oceanside swap in March by @volksboy57
Marty @cyclingday was glad he wasn't there, so it's not in his collection.:cool:

Yeah, if I had seen that, it would’ve been a wallet in hand moment.
Congrats to the lucky guy who scored that little gem.
I’m amazed that none of the entrepreneurs didn’t snag that thing, and then flip it to me for a tidy little profit.
You know, I would’ve been game.
Then I’d be tripping over it every time I went out to the garage, wondering why I bought the damn thing. Lol!
Oh, but it was purchased at Marty’s.
That’s right!
No better reason to own a bike, than the one that has your name on it.
So, if whoever bought that sweet little twenty inch, ever gets tired of tripping over it, give me a call. I’ll make it worth your while.

Last edited:
-----

View attachment 1401156
View attachment 1401157
Sweet early Sting-Ray sold at Oceanside swap in March by @volksboy57
Marty @cyclingday was glad he wasn't there, so it's not in his collection.:cool:

-----

Mondo Piccolo!

Me home be about one hundred thirty metre west of South La Cienega Boulevard

Am probably about seven km south of the Marty's location

funny story regarding the street name -

it was named for a swampy/marshy area; cienaga in spanish has this meaning

somehow when the anglo person in charge of recording the name at the county seat saw it they decided to change it to cienega which has no meaning

---

@tripple3 -

dunno if you have run cross it as yet but there is a forum member who has a Terrot nearly identical to thine

boy is that ever a million to one chance:

-----

Here's the sticker on a '82 Sidewinder. Mission Cyclery, on Crown Valley Parkway in Mission Viejo. According to the internet, they're still there, but they're Jax Bicycles now. This bike was bought just a few blocks away from the address on the sticker but I was in a hurry and didnt notice the bike shop when picking it up..damn!

Last edited:
Just picked up this Cruiser Six today locally. Has the sticker from where @Xlobsterman used to work. Should clean up nicely!

View attachment 1441596

View attachment 1441597

Nice find, and that sticker is slightly different from the shop stickers we used when I was working at the shop.

That bike looks similar to a 96 model, but is slightly different than the 96 catalog pic?

Keep me in mind if you ever decide to sell it?

Last edited:
Nice find, and that sticker is slightly different from the shop stickers we used when I was working at the shop.

That bike looks similar to a 96 model, but is slightly different than the 96 catalog pic?

Keep me in mind if you ever decide to sell it?

View attachment 1441622

View attachment 1441621
I also thought it was a 1996 but it has a head badge imprint number of 1508, so I am thinking it is a ‘98?

this post made me go and try to find anything online for Jack Lennan's Glenmoor Bike shop which was the only bike shop in the country as far as I knew when I was a kid. there was Schwinn bikes and crummy bikes you bought at Sears and that was it. (I had crummy bikes) ... looked in Newspaper archives and found nothing but a simple ad he put in every week and one poor photo of him holding a leopard print Stingray seat. going to try and find yearbooks or the phone book yellow pages... does anyone archive phone book pages? I remember he posted cool ads in the phone book. there are houses now where the shopping center he was located at used to be. .

Back