When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bicycle shop stickers

-
I also thought it was a 1996 but it has a head badge imprint number of 1508, so I am thinking it is a ‘98?

OK, the head badge, and this pic from the 98 catalog confirms it is a 98 model

Unfortunately the shop I worked at in Manhattan Beach is closed now. It closed in 2017 after 54 years of being in business. It is now a shop for vehicle racks geared for the outdoor enthusiast.

This decal (Walters-Galesburg, IL) is on @jimbo53 '21 Shelby and I believe he told me they only sold bicycles the first year and became strictly a Harley dealer after that. Jim please correct me if I mispoke. V/r Shawn

View attachment 1511962
Walters Brothers was founded in 1921 selling bicycles and Harley Davidsons. In 1922 they dropped the bicycles from their product line and became an exclusive H-D dealer, which continues today in Peoria IL. Here is the history from their website.

History​

Walters Brothers Motorcycle and Bicycle Shop opened in Galesburg by brothers, Ambrose (Bruce) & Robert (Bob)
Walters Brothers became Walters Brothers Harley-Davidson®

Last edited:
This one is on a friends crusty ‘80 Cruiser I took in for service. Westminster Bike sticker before the 714 area code. Didn’t find any info about them in a quick Google search.
Any of you OC/HB guys remember the store?

963848B9-37C8-47E1-A767-7D5EEE8C002B.jpeg

Last edited:
Back