When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brick tread 2.0's

-
Price
In add
Payment Terms
PP, cash
Zipcode
My mid-60s 26”x1-3/4 Schwinn Panther had a narrow whitewall. Above the whitewalls was a fine diamond pattern. The tread, if I recall, was Just four parallel lines. Are these in production? Does anyone remember these? Thanks.

My mid-60s 26”x1-3/4 Schwinn Panther had a narrow whitewall. Above the whitewalls was a fine diamond pattern. The tread, if I recall, was Just four parallel lines. Are these in production? Does anyone remember these? Thanks.
I have several sets of these DiamondTread tires on some of my bikes. Yes, they still make them, although I don't know if they make the 26x1.75 size. Kenda and Duro still make these. Good luck. Razin.

The list of current production tires available for 26x1-3/4" middleweight Schwinns is extremely short. It is NOT the same size as 26x1.75. The 26x1-3/4" rim is almost 1/2" bigger in outer diameter, and a 26x1.75" tire wont even come close to going on.

There is nothing like Knez68cougar described above avaliable new as far as I know. NOS or used only.

I highly recommend the tires in this thread. Nice quality. Look just like period Schwinn but fatter.

Reactions: mrg
Thanks to all. The catalog link was partiularly helpful. Yes, it was the Superior. When I bought my first replacement tire in the 70s, the Schwinn dealer sold me a Westwind with brick tread. I didn’t realize there was a difference between 1-3/4 and 1.75. My panther has S-7 rims with 1-3/4 Westwind tires presently.

Sorry, supplier had a new year price increase so had to raise my price a little ( not as much as they raised on me ) and I'm still cheaper than ebay. Thanks

Back