When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Corbin & New Departure Hub Dating Project - Need everyone's help pre-1933

-
Corbin Duplex Coaster Brake Model 7 pics

Here are some pics of a very nice Corbin Duplex Coaster Brake Model 7 courtesy of rustyspoke66:

SH105055-1.jpg

SH105054-1.jpg

Current Status of dating project in Post #1

Just so everybody knows I am updating Post #1 in this thread with all updates so it is current to what has been found to date. Lot's more research needed & continuing......

Another 1910 Corbin Coaster Brake Post Card just for your "viewing pleasure"

Featuring Mazeppa's Ride, an adventurous journey of a man on a bike bounding alone across the desert track.....

KGrHqJrQEoColckgBQbeJms5Sg60_57-1.jpg

And the back side of these postcards for anyone who's curious......

K25300-1.jpg

1914 Corbin Ad

Appears to be a Corbin Duplex Model 8.....

Also note in the ad below THE CORBIN SCREW CORPORATION, "THE AMERICAN HARDWARE CORPORATION, Successors". Corbin made a great number of models of hubs prior to 1914 but it seems so far in my research post-1914, models were limited to the same ones available in 1914. Could it possibly be Corbin was bought out around 1914 or just prior and the new corporate owners put their bicycle hub program on the back burner to a slow death. Not sure when Corbin ended yet but know they continued until at least 1920. This will require more research as well & more food for thought.

POST NOTE: Corbin became a part of American Hardware Corp in the 1800's prior to their entry in the bicycle hub market so no more research required at this point. It is just an interesting footnote that America Hardware shows up on an ad this late but not earlier, potentially just to advertise the relationship.

KGrHqZngE5UJRTwBP5q8YLvQ60_57-1.jpg

Last edited:
And finally on a Friday afternoon for your viewing pleasure something racy for 1937

First off I know it's 1937 (not pre-1933) but I found this to be "racy" with a lot of leg showing for the times....

1937 New Departure Model D Ad, also interesting to note: "New Departure, Division of General Motors Corporation"!!!!! Not sure what year they were bought by GM.

KGrHqNHJBUE63VVILHMBO2ZTmlegw60_57-1.jpg

Back