When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Do you have the bike your Dad always wanted as a kid?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
My dad was born & raised in a small town in Ohio between Cincinnati and Dayton, he was born in 1952 , he loved bicycles his whole life, him & a childhood friend fixed up bikes for all the local kids , I remember him telling me how he did custom metal flake paint jobs by spraying a color on a old tooth brush & flipping the tooth brush & letting the paint mist on the other color to add a metal flake to base color , he always wanted a phantom but never had one , so I usually buy every 1952 phantom that I find because of the year he was born , he always loved bicycles and in the 80 ' s he always bought me the nicest bmx bikes HARO , HUTCH , GT etc. , he was a great dad sadly only lived to be 59 he battled diabetes his whole life from a young kid , here's my latest 52 phantom in his memory , this is a great thread , happy holidays cabers 😁

20231221_080208.jpg

20231220_233020.jpg

Mine wanted a Black Phantom but never got one.
In the later years he almost bought one of the reproductions just to scratch the itch.

He was beside himself when I sent him a picture of mine.
I wasn’t trying to rub it in, I just thought he might appreciate it.
He didn’t.
I think it just made him jealous. He asked me if it was really mine. What a tool…

He bought me my first bike, a beat up Columbia 20”, on the condition that if I couldn’t ride it immediately, he was going to return it to the 2nd hand shop.

Much to his surprise, and mine, I did manage to ride the thing despite his effort to stack the deck against me by putting it in a small basement area for the test ride.
I kept that old beater until I saved up enough to buy another bike many years later.

Anybody have their father’s dream bike? If your dad is still alive, does he like it?

I bet it would be fun to reminisce with them about it.

View attachment 1956073
I wish I had the old Schwinn my dad had back in the late 40's that he bought new with money he saved up from.his paper route. It had the Knee Action springer fork , but that's all I know about the bike. Black Phantom or Panther maybe.

As a dad I always wanted a Schwinn Krate. Guess what I gave my three boys???????? My dad was always crazy about Schwinn Phantoms. He couldn't believe his eyes when I brought one home.

IMG_0681.jpeg

Back