When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fake Green/Black Phantom

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Looks like it was previously posted and ended at $1525 on the 10th. Maybe non paying buyer. I agree this a what it is bike and not trying to sell to a seasoned collector.

Nice looking creation and very pleasing. Unfortunately though, the Schwinn factory didnt build it like that.

Plenty of ads on fleabay like this. Classic example is a seller of a vintage car writing "it has solid floors". While they may be somewhat solid it doesn't mean they are rust free and likely the solid floors means they have patch panels screwed into what's left of the rusty original floor. Someone not so knowledgeable will likely buy that bike because it is shiny and the seller is willing to pack and ship it.

Plenty of ads on fleabay like this. Classic example is a seller of a vintage car writing "it has solid floors". While they may be somewhat solid it doesn't mean they are rust free and likely the solid floors means they have patch panels screwed into what's left of the rusty original floor. Someone not so knowledgeable will likely buy that bike because it is shiny and the seller is willing to pack and ship it.

View attachment 1646415
That "solid floor" comment strikes a chord with me. When I bought my 1957 Nash Metropolitan convertible out of Arkansas about 5 years ago the seller said the floors were solid. Yes they were. With enough tar, furnace gauge sheet metal, and 5 pounds of screws. Then less than 100 miles later the main crank bearings gave out. All new floors, rebuilt engine, lots of $$ later, it's a fine car, lots of fun, but was misrepresented.

That "solid floor" comment strikes a chord with me. When I bought my 1957 Nash Metropolitan convertible out of Arkansas about 5 years ago the seller said the floors were solid. Yes they were. With enough tar, furnace gauge sheet metal, and 5 pounds of screws. Then less than 100 miles later the main crank bearings gave out. All new floors, rebuilt engine, lots of $$ later, it's a fine car, lots of fun, but was misrepresented.
Been there too, so i know all too well. Did you at least find a use for the screws? I keep the one new piston in the “rebuilt engine” from my 67 mustang convertible as a reminder.

Been there too, so i know all too well. Did you at least find a use for the screws? I keep the one new piston in the “rebuilt engine” from my 67 mustang convertible as a reminder.
I should have mailed the screws back to him as a statement of sorts on what he did to me. In his weak defense, he acquired the Met in a trade and never really drove or examined it closely, but I clearly asked him about the condition of the floors and he said they looked fine. When the motor blew I asked for some $$ help and was ignored. Oh well, what goes around come around. It's a solid good driver now. Live and learn.

IMG_0575 (2).JPG

IMG_0586.JPG

IMG_0573.JPG

I should have mailed the screws back to him as a statement of sorts on what he did to me. In his weak defense, he acquired the Met in a trade and never really drove or examined it closely, but I clearly asked him about the condition of the floors and he said they looked fine. When the motor blew I asked for some $$ help and was ignored. Oh well, what goes around come around. It's a solid good driver now. Live and learn.View attachment 1646559

View attachment 1646561

View attachment 1646562

View attachment 1646564
I always liked those little Nash cars. This is my 67 after i rotisserie restored it. I didn’t paint it myself but repaired the “rust free body” with a friend. Drilling out the 160 or so spot welds on the cowl and then spotwelding on the new one with an old monster spot welder was character building!

41272F65-4B68-4975-A191-AC2AF2FC2B13.jpeg

I always liked those little Nash cars. This is my 67 after i rotisserie restored it. I didn’t paint it myself but repaired the “rust free body” with a friend. Drilling out the 160 or so spot welds on the cowl and then spotwelding on the new one with an old monster spot welder was character building!View attachment 1646576
View attachment 1646578

View attachment 1646579
Gorgeous Mustang!!! Admirable comments on the resto. You guys aced it!! I manage to mess some stuff up hands on myself, but a buddy did the floors on the Nash Met, I watched the process. I used to drive a '54 and a '55. Here is my '61 Corvette. Click the link so I don't get razzed for gumming up the thread/perhaps I already have?! Ha!!

P1010027 (3).JPG

P1010046.JPG

inboard.JPG

dr rear.JPG

Back