When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

G519 Huffman Dayton H117493

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Mercian

I live for the CABE
Hi All,

Did anyone we know buy this one last week?

It was for sale through International Military Antiques.

1709748857582.png

I can't paste across the pictures from the site, since I only have a mobile phone where I am at the moment.

But I can say that H117493 is now the earliest known survivor from the second contract of Huffman Dayton G519's, dating from around July 1943.

The first contract bikes seem to all have had the arms welded to the fork for the truss rods.

Until now, all surving second contract bikes have had the same separate plate to support the truss rods as the Columbia, but this one has earlier welded arms. It is possible that, since this is early second contract, Huffman were using up parts from the first contract. It would be very interesting to know the fork date code.

The next known survivor from this contract is H118029, nearly 550 frames later, which uses the separate plate.

Best Regards,

Adrian

Back