When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hello all, long time biker first time forum-er. Trying to identify a bike i have.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Evkev

Look Ma, No Hands!
I was under the impression it was a 39 Hawthorne. But I looked up the numbers on the rear hub and figured out its from 1936 so it has me wondering. The serial number is 563854. It has a locking headstock if that helps.
20150728_044933.jpg
20150728_045018.jpg
20150728_045205.jpg
20150728_045212.jpg

0422170746.jpg

Looks like a tall frame Schwinn Motorbike with girls fenders on it. It has parts from three different bikes. Is there a letter in front of the numbers for the serial number? A photo of the serial number would be better.

I've had the bike for about a year and just finally scraped off the paint to see them.

The fenders look like they could be 36 or 37 like you were thinking. As far as the fork, The springer came out in 1938 if I remember correctly. A prewar girls springer fork would fit in tall frame boys bike. If there is no letter in front of the serial number I think it a may be a few years older than both of us were thinking. Barry

Well I've been operating under the assumption that it was a hawthorne. Can it be looke up by the number more easily if it's in fact a Schwinn?

Curious why you were thinking Hawthorne? Springer, seatstays, chainring and even guard look Schwinn to me. No badge? Weren't '36 serials hand stamped, so not uniform like later ones?

I should add that I'm not a Schwinn guy, but I have picked up a few things here and there.

Back