When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Iver Johnson Frame

-

mikecuda

Wore out three sets of tires already!
I see an authentic bike. Not a HD but it's a bike. Being in Aurora, CO I wouldn't mind seeing the other bikes he mentioned picking up..... :)
I bought his Iver Johnson. Shipped to me in PA. $200

s-l1600 (2).jpg

I have replacement rear seat stays on the way. Then it's time to cleanup and prep the frame for paint.

Help please: Referencing my Iver Truss frame bike above. The forks are shot. I have a set of ladies blackout bike forks I want to install on the Iver. Of course the headtube is shorter on the frame than on the threaded fork assembly. Questions: How do I determine how much to cutoff the fork threaded tube so everything screws together and do I use a 25.4 mm die to rethread the fork tube? THX. I'll wait for clarification before I destroy anything. Note: I did a dry fit of the blackout bike fork assembly with the lower race installed. It seemed to fit real nice. Appreciate everyone's assistance to me. Here are the bikes.

s-l1600 (1).jpg

DSCN5920.JPG

DSCN5921.JPG

DSCN5924.JPG

s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:
Well another update: The rear seat stays are bad. So I decide to start cutting them out and replace with new 1/2" bike tubing and then flatten them like the original tubes. Going well until it started to rain on me once again. More updates to follow. The bike will be a wall hanger once restored.

DSCN5944.JPG

DSCN5945.JPG

Iver johnson fork threads are 1inch x 24tpi but they are slightly wider thread then most forks. So you are going to need an adjustable die.

Back