When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Let’s see some late 70’s/early 80’s Cruisers and Spitfires

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Yeah I’d like to know about the green five speed to I have original lime 80 coaster brake, I’ve never taken with catalog say as fact a lot of them were produced months before the bike came out the 78 catalog says only red and black and also says white wall Kobby’s but the picture has black walls so who knows
C784AEF6-3416-4C0A-A17E-B19E70728709.jpeg

I grew up in Venice, parents bought me a red Spitfire 5 the summer between 9th grade and 10th grade. It was stolen out of my backyard after having it only two months...Just bought this bike from an antique dealer in Virginia...being shipped to me as we speak. My original bike had the same bike rack, but It didn't have fenders...are the fenders after-market? If they're Schwinn fenders, will the name be stamped or printed on the fenders?

Schwinn.PNG

I grew up in Venice, parents bought me a red Spitfire 5 the summer between 9th grade and 10th grade. It was stolen out of my backyard after having it only two months...Just bought this bike from an antique dealer in Virginia...being shipped to me as we speak. My original bike had the same bike rack, but It didn't have fenders...are the fenders after-market? If they're Schwinn fenders, will the name be stamped or printed on the fenders?

View attachment 772853
None of those bikes had fenders from the factory, but some I've seen look like they might have Schwinn fenders, probably added by the dealer. But even more have aftermarket fenders. The Schwinn fenders aren't marked,but they're usually a good fit, where the aftermarket fenders often have less clearance under the fork, and more clearance at the stays. The Schwinn fenders usually also have a late '70's Schwinn rear reflector, while the aftermarket fenders have whatever was handy, or nothing. Looking at your picture, I'm guessing the fenders are aftermarket, but the bike looks to be in really nice shape. I'd say do whatever you like with the fenders and enjoy the ride!

Reactions: mrg
One more to my collection of Vintage Chicago made Schwinn bikes. This is a 1982 King Sting Mountain Bike made at the part of the factory where Schwinn made all their top end racing bikes! This bike was never sold by the dealer who had it. It was a display bike, and was purchased from the shop when they went out of business by the guy I got it from. This is an iconic Museum Quality piece of early 80's Mountain Biking History.............................!

IMG_0318_50.jpg

Does anybody rememder a klunker 5. I had one around 15 years ago blue with the drum in the rear. Never see em around had to sell it when i moved

Back