When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Let’s see some late 70’s/early 80’s Cruisers and Spitfires

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Guess I'll throw up another early Spitfire, my 77 and the dated bars have the bends in a little different spots than the Cruiser bars & different part #'s.View attachment 1627088View attachment 1627089

Yes, those bars had the different bend, and were a bit lower than the ones used on the Cruisers. Although, my late model 79 Spitfire had the large flange ACS front hub and the Cruiser style bars!

A little guidance here for a newbie, is this the thread for an 88 Schwinn cruiser Supreme if it’s a 5 speed model? Or should I start another thread for these as I know they went from 5 speed on up as the years progressed?

I just picked it up and am bringing it back to the road.

Thanks, SchwinnFinn63

A little guidance here for a newbie, is this the thread for an 88 Schwinn cruiser Supreme if it’s a 5 speed model? Or should I start another thread for these as I know they went from 5 speed on up as the years progressed?

I just picked it up and am bringing it back to the road.

Thanks, SchwinnFinn63
If I'm thinking about the right bikes, those Cruiser Supremes were a diamond frame bike that Schwinn imported, probably from Taiwan. This thread is about the earlier Cruisers with the cantilever frames and built in Chicago until early 1983, and then in Tennessee through 1984. After that production went overseas. I would just start another thread.

Back