When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Let’s see some late 70’s/early 80’s Cruisers and Spitfires

-
Dig @Cory 's '78 Spitfire
His Birthday bike, stamped badge.
1643375066634.png

I think they are real comfortable but Schwinn didn't exect all the kids to be jumping them ( not suppose to be sitting on the seat when you land ) so in late 80 Persons reinforced them by stamping some ribs in the frame, always funny when you see someone selling one as a 50's and it has those ribs!
i was thinking that those newer ones looked stronger thanks for that info

this is the one i actually want notice the ribbed area

78B51A2B-77E2-4C96-8B9F-DF23DECBCCFA.png

1980, I was hanging out there a bit that Summer. My brother was in the Coast Guard, stationed on Point Bridge and was housed close by. When he was not on the boat, we were hanging out all along the South Bay Strand.

1980, I was hanging out there a bit that Summer. My brother was in the Coast Guard, stationed on Point Bridge and was housed close by. When he was not on the boat, we were hanging out all along the South Bay Strand.

Yea, I was hanging out in the local Bait & Tackle shop that you can see in one of the pics, and on the end of the pier fishing in the late 70's. I caught this 30lb Halibut fishing on the end of the pier, and this pic was taken in front of that tackle shop on Pier Ave. It was all bicycles, and fishing for me in my teen years!

Last edited:
Back