When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Major Taylor documentary

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I would certainly like to see a well done project.

I spent some time in Worcester MA. (grew up 25 miles from there) as a kid and cycled those streets when in college.

I think from the few comments given that they are in trouble from the cycling community who are expecting to see a historically accurate portrayal of his life.

That top photo obviously shows that they did not get an actual cyclist (or at least not a very good one) for their trailer. Looks like he's in a hurry to get home after paper delivery. Also, looks like the bike either doesn't fit him, wasn't set-up properly, or probably both.

One would think that with the ability to do "deep fakes" and "photoshop" that the producers would simply CGI a Peugeot head badge (or what ever he rode; I.J.?) into the film (and CGI the trademark bar stem too!) and not have to be concerned about finding a suitable example for simple trailer/pilot scenes, but still maintain accuracy even if using a little cinematic magic to do so.

Last edited:
Just wanted to follow up my initial post from last week. I met with the director, Cyrille Vincent, last Friday. It was a great meeting and I'm impressed with his vision to make this project a reality. The film company, Votary Films, has an amazing studio in Worcester and a talented crew of filmmakers. I showed him some pieces from my collection and he expressed interest in using them in the doc. I will be doing some consulting on archived material which is exciting.

I will continue to update this thread as things move forward. If you'd like to support the project there is a link to the doc's website in my first post. There will be a screening of the Whirlwind trailer on July 28th in Worcester at the Major Taylor Museum.

You can RSVP here - https://www.worcesterwhirlwind.com/...rQ01N5__q40pffkCpNNvuwMlksIzty1bmXxwy8gSI95no

Thanks !

Here's their newest photo 7 hrs ago in the Whirlwind post for the documentary of their idea of what Major Taylor should look like on a bike!

I think they really need to study some photos of Major Taylor to try and get the actor to look more like Taylor before they go any further! (that's just my opinion)
I'm all for authenticity when it comes to something like this.

291832425_773530553655849_5146917114936471606_n.jpg

Major Taylor Globe magazine cover image-2.jpg

I attended the Whirlwind documentary trailer screening last night at the Major Taylor Museum in Worcester, MA. I really didn't know what to expect but have to say that I was very impressed with what I saw. Absolutely top notch filming and editing. The stills that you see using the green screen don't do it justice. It's very well done. David Herlihy, who wrote Bicycle - The History, is one of the people that was interviewed and will be in the doc. The screening was well attended and hopefully the support will continue until the project is completed.

I tried contacting Votary Films. They were of no help! Non courteous and ignored me completely when I tried to ask if it was possible to view the partial preview of the trailer. I mentioned that I was having no luck trying to find it.

They did respond within 2 minutes though with "where are you trying to watch it"? But from that point on they never responded to me again. I don't understand the no contact from that point on. They just never responded to me again. We were on a Chat on their website. Like I said they did respond within 2 minutes. After I started asking where to view it they just cut me off and went off line with zero communication.

- Well ... I had actually considered lending them 2 different style "Orient" bikes Major Taylor raced on for their film. (apparently they have no bikes!!!)

- 2 Photos attached >

~ The black & white photo is him on the Orient with both wheels 28". I have the same bike - bars/stem & same size etc so about 99.9999% identical.
~ The color photo is him on the Orient 1:30 with 26" smaller front wheel. I have one of these as well but my bars are the original 1:30 and slightly different.
I could put those bars on though.

I guess I'll just let them figure it out regarding the bikes for their filming if they ever get that far. And as you know if they were to do any racing scenes then they'll need the other similar bikes that racers were racing on (which I may have also). I've heard someone else is trying to do a movie on Taylor right now.

IMG_2481.jpg

s-l1600 2.jpg

I tried contacting Votary Films. They were of no help! Non courteous and ignored me completely when I tried to ask if it was possible to view the partial preview of the trailer. I mentioned that I was having no luck trying to find it.

They did respond within 2 minutes though with "where are you trying to watch it"? But from that point on they never responded to me again. I don't understand the no contact from that point on. They just never responded to me again. We were on a Chat on their website. Like I said they did respond within 2 minutes. After I started asking where to view it they just cut me off and went off line with zero communication.

- Well ... I had actually considered lending them 2 different style "Orient" bikes Major Taylor raced on for their film. (apparently they have no bikes!!!)

- 2 Photos attached >

~ The black & white photo is him on the Orient with both wheels 28". I have the same bike - bars/stem & same size etc so about 99.9999% identical.
~ The color photo is him on the Orient 1:30 with 26" smaller front wheel. I have one of these as well but my bars are the original 1:30 and slightly different.

I guess I'll just let them figure it out regarding the bikes for their filming if they ever get that far. And as you know if they were to do any racing scenes then they'll need the other similar bikes that racers were racing on (which I may have also). I've heard someone else is trying to do a movie on Taylor right now.

View attachment 1672367

View attachment 1672368
I would love to see the bikes you have for the film.

- 2 Photos attached >

View attachment 1672367

View attachment 1672368
Bill, reach out to the director Cyrille Vincent regarding the bikes ------> [email protected]

The trailer will be available to view soon on their website. I'll update this thread when it happens.

Back