When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My new addition...

-
Got this too with it as a package deal... My first kids bicycle to add to my collection...

Again any help on age or any other info would be greatly appreicated...

IMG_115801Sml-1.jpg

IMG_116501Sml-1.jpg

WOW Sulley your 1950s Colsons, 20" and 16" are in crazy amazing shape for being original !!! What great finds...

Did you restore the others trikes that you posted ? If so, amazing work, would love to get to restoring some of mine down the road. I need to learn more about restoring things first as I don't want to mess up the peice in the process. Any good how-to's that you would recommend as a good base to start from ?

Oh and my addition got worst today :eek: (pic's to follow...)

Thanks, yes i restored the other trikes, the Radio Flyer tandem are two origainal trikes, there not that old to start with, the Anthony Bros i just cleaned it up. I have a blasting cabinet that i use for the medel parts, it just takes time to restore these, lots of research helps. Sulley

Here's some pics of one of the Garton trikes I picked up earlier last week. (I have two of this one, one assembled and one not {that one I'll most likely sale}. They have a 10" front tire, they are quite tiny. No rust at all though, which is awesome !!! Just some paint chips and scraps from over the years of being moved around in the boxes.

Still not sure of the approx year on these, so any info is greatly appriecated...

IMG_118101Sml-1.jpg

IMG_119001Sml-1.jpg

IMG_118401Sml-1.jpg

I email tricycle fetish on the red and white Garton's after not finding any info within their price guide. Here's some parts of there return email:

Your tricycle looks to be from the 1930's / 1940's era. They would have made that type of tricycle for a number of years with virtually the same design. Being that it's the basic red and white, pinpointing and exact year would probably be impossible, even if you had every Garton catalog. ....

...The problem with your tricycle is that despite it being in fantastic unused condition, it's not a highly sought after style. People like weird frames and fenders. It is also old enough that most people that might have had one as a child are now too old or too dead to remember that they had one or want one for nostalgic reasons.

I love the "too dead to remember" part...

and here's part of the box that the guy had saved from the other one that was not put together...

IMG_138201Sml-1.jpg

Back