When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My "New" Tricycle 1932 Streamline

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I would LOVE to know who actually made this and get details and pics of any original or restored ones to use as I restore it. If you know of any pics PLEASE send them my way or post them here.

If you have, or know someone who has, the collector book called Riding Toys, there's a photo of one in someone's collection on page 191. That one is medium blue with white trim, although the photo text doesn't say whether it's original or restored as some do. There's also a Sears catalog page from 1937 showing one on page 85. I know Sears sold trikes under their Boycraft store brand back then, but the actual maker is still a mystery. The one shown in a collection doesn't have a name listed either. I guess the collector doesn't know who made it because most of the other ones from his collection have names with the photos. I'll keep digging!

Dave

If you have, or know someone who has, the collector book called Riding Toys, there's a photo of one in someone's collection on page 191. That one is medium blue with white trim, although the photo text doesn't say whether it's original or restored as some do. There's also a Sears catalog page from 1937 showing one on page 85. I know Sears sold trikes under their Boycraft store brand back then, but the actual maker is still a mystery. The one shown in a collection doesn't have a name listed either. I guess the collector doesn't know who made it because most of the other ones from his collection have names with the photos. I'll keep digging!

Dave

Sounds great! I'm going to have to try and find the book on the bay unless someone here has one......

I'd be a little leery of keeping the original paint on this when it comes to a very young child. A lot of paints used back then contained lead and you might might want to consider that. Also a thorough sanding to remove any rust is probably a good idea as well.
I love the idea that your baby is getting something so lovely from the past!

My thoughts exactly on why I was planning a full resto. There is no way my wife would let our kid around a rusty or lead paint tricycle.

trike

Years ago when I was looking for info on the one I have, I ran across this photo.

Attachments

• trike7.jpg
    trike7.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 218
  • trike1.jpg
    trike1.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 220
  • trike3.jpg
    trike3.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 258
Here are two new pics/ads that were sent to me from Ridingtoy (Thanks!) Looks like it is a 37 not a 32 and is missing the step at the back... Also looks like mine has an incorrect seat, but that long spring seat is super cool if you ask me!

trike1a-1.jpg

trike1-1.jpg

If you ever find a streamlined seat and decide to replace the long spring with it, I'd be happy to buy the long spring from you.

Actually, those tires don't look that bad. One of my older trikes has tires worn down to the bare center wire on all three tires. Thanks for posting the extra pics! :)

Dave

Last edited:
Think I finally found the manufacturer of this tricycle. Took me long enough!!!:o It appears to be a Garton Toy Co. model per the old Garton ad on this site. If you scroll down about two thirds of the page you'll see it. http://dorsetfinds.wordpress.com/2011/04/

Dave

Thanks a ton for thinking of me! That's great! I have had a ton of other stuff on my plate right now so haven't been to the CABE in too long.....

Back