When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

new schwinn collegiates

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I think the idea is good, but it should look like the original. From what I have read and and seen on Youtube, Detroit bikes makes a good product. In 1994 I paid $529 for my Trek 930 with an American made frame. It cost more than similar bikes that had a Taiwan made frame. I wanted made in the USA. I like the idea of keeping at least some production in the USA. I still regularly ride that bike. I would pay the $995, if it looked like the original.

So what the heck is this? Evidently they missed their target date of July 1 for the new Chicago made Collegiate.

1595100909008.png

Seller took down the listing!!

Last edited:
Well at least they are made in the USA and the Schwinn name will problably bring upscale bicycle buyers who are willing to pay $900 for a townie bike ! More power to them and they must be competing with the Shinola Bikes that are made here in Detriot and sold in super fancy upscale Shinola stores.

So what the heck is this? Evidently they missed their target date of July 1 for the new Chicago made Collegiate.

View attachment 1230662

Seller took down the listing!!

I am not up to date on the modern collegiates. I did some digging around and it looks like Target is selling it, too (notice some reviews already in on the bikes). Look at the new Target price! I also found a guy on facebook that has been selling it, this one posted 4 weeks ago. Also another seller selling them. I appears these are the first ones off the line.

One thought is the images we saw earlier in the thread are the promo photos of the bike and these we are seeing now are the final releases. Similar to how concept cars are shown and then the final run of the cars typically are different. I would have to say that if these are the new collegiates, these look better than the concepts (if those were concepts). Also, looking very similar to the collegiate 3's.

I am not up to date on the modern collegiates. I did some digging around and it looks like Target is selling it, too (notice some reviews already in on the bikes). Look at the new Target price! I also found a guy on facebook that has been selling it, this one posted 4 weeks ago. Also another seller selling them. I appears these are the first ones off the line.

One thought is the images we saw earlier in the thread are the promo photos of the bike and these we are seeing now are the final releases. Similar to how concept cars are shown and then the final run of the cars typically are different. I would have to say that if these are the new collegiates, these look better than the concepts (if those were concepts). Also, looking very similar to the collegiate 3's.

Well that makes two on ebay were the listing was taken down. Ebay's policy on price gouging?

??? I'm thinking all bike frames are welded "by hand". back when the Indian Motorcycle Company in Gilroy Ca. closed down I went down there as they were selling all the stuff in the facility. I saw where they build the frames. there was a jig there with frame parts in it ready to go. there was no robot welding machine to do the work like cars... I'd bet bikes are done the same way. tubes in a jig, welded by "hand"

Back