When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

OA Bath or WD and Wool

-
Try using an aluminum foil pad with Turtle Wax chrome polish and wax remover on the paint.

IMG_20190307_123728414.jpg

An example of the aluminum foil and Turtle Wax chrome polish and aluminum foil method.

I will cast my vote to use xxxx steel wool and wd40, clean then wax. I have seen some amazing results using OA bath but i never get the same results myself. As @mrg suggested, rub lightly on pins and the accent color. I would just clean it first with a light cleaner and see how it looks. Nice bike!

Clean with soap and water,then buffing compound (easy around the pins),then a good wax. Is my vote. Maybe 0000 and wd on the chrome bits. Just take your time with whatever you decide.
Hammerhead

I don't see much rust on that paint so think OA is way to much, 0000 and oil on the worst spots but mostly rubbing compound then buff & wax. with good lubrication 0000 wool wiil take off oxidation & lite rust and not harm paint if you don't go "Egor" on it. the last one I did with 0000 & linseed oil came out great but stunk for a couple of days. Some of the chrome may need a little more work tho!
Good advise,,..appreciated!

Aluminum foil your tacos come wrapped in, the salsa scraps don't hurt nuthin!

As far as “aluminum foil pad” what exactly are you referring to?
Tear off a sheet and keep folding it until you have a "pad" about two inches square. Rub, turn, refold, rub, turn, rub. Repeat. It's just easier to handle.

Back