When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Poor packing!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Completely disassembled is the way to go, if the seller doesn’t mind the arduous task of packing a bike that way.
The buyer has to be willing to cover the extra cost of time and material, so I guess it depends on the bike?
But, if you’re spending thousands of dollars for something really special, then what’s another $500 to make sure it’s packed and shipped securely?

Completely disassembled is the way to go, if the seller doesn’t mind the arduous task of packing a bike that way.
The buyer has to be willing to cover the extra cost of time and material, so I guess it depends on the bike?
But, if you’re spending thousands of dollars for something really special, then what’s another $500 to make sure it’s packed and shipped securely?

I completely agree with you. I’ve shipped quite a few bikes for members here and they’re always happy to have them arrive safe. It takes longer to assemble, but they arrive safe and sound.

Since @cyclingday and @Junkman Bob were talking about it and I had to ship a bike. Here is a recently shipped bicycle. This is a complete 52 Schwinn panther sans the tank. It took about 2 or 3 hours to disassemble, label, secure, and drop it off. Total box size is 44"L x 11"W x 29"H. On it's way to its new home in California. Honestly, this is the way to go. The new owner can clean it, lube and service it.

51EF9EB7-976D-4366-A1E0-FB4C4DD1BD95.jpeg

18DD037E-53ED-4DDA-AB2F-746093CBCF1C.jpeg

99B19D91-C05E-4FF1-98E3-6350D83BC711.jpeg

Since @cyclingday and @Junkman Bob were talking about it and I had to ship a bike. Here is a recently shipped bicycle. This is a complete 52 Schwinn panther sans the tank. It took about 2 or 3 hours to disassemble, label, secure, and drop it off. Total box size is 44"L x 11"W x 29"H. On it's way to its new home in California. Honestly, this is the way to go. The new owner can clean it, lube and service it.

View attachment 2022402

View attachment 2022403

View attachment 2022404
My OCD is going wild right now.

Back