When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Poor packing!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Honestly, take a step back, look at the state of the rims you've got. It looks like the axle nut that poked through there still made it to you with some luck. Is it worth blasting the guy over a hole in a box?
The perpetrators that are never willing to take blame or held truly accountable are the shipping companies in these situations... especially for lost and damaged packages.
If he'd respond then, that would be acceptable.

No need to blast him here.

But, I did have to trace the tip of the stud threads. Not a bug deal but, so easily could have been avoided.
Also cause the tire sidewalls weren't protected the gum walls were marred up. But still nice tires
And one of the shrader valves must be damaged because it won't engage the air chuck.
Shame I'd have to unglued the tires to replace the stem.
Front tire inflated nicely.

The process of packing is to ensure no protruding parts or the ability to allow holes to picture the carton.
Holes created allow the loose parts if any to fall out.
And yes, the courier is partly to blame for the damage.

Last edited:
So very easy to remove the axles JD right? Yes, and nice wheels to begin with though they look ok because of tough american steel. For the Shelby?🧐
It was the plan to get the Lindy rolling again. The nice wood rim condition may not match well to the repainted Lindy frame well.
Have other 28" frames that need rims too.

You been having a tough year. Got sick, Been late on show and tell more times than not. Then there was all that chatter concerning provenance on your Lindy. . Fooling round with these old ones never been easy.. But without a caretaker the old bikes would just rot away

You been having a tough year. Got sick, Been late on show and tell more times than not. Then there was all that chatter concerning provenance on your Lindy. . Fooling round with these old ones never been easy.. But without a caretaker the old bikes would just rot away
The tough year was 2023.
Doing better this year so far.
Since I can pick again
Soon will be riding again

Turned frown upside down 🙃

While I don't advocate for calling any of our members out unless they're doing something unethical or misrepresenting an item. I do however advocate for a list of verified reliable packers/shippers.

I've gotten a few parts over the years off of ebay and the packing, if you want to call it that, was horrendous. There's specifically two sellers on ebay that I will go out of my way to avoid because their packing is terrible.

So, what I'm proposing is more of a positive attempt at that. If someone does a great job packing your parts or bikes... give them a shout out publicly and let everyone else know that they're someone to trust. If you can, take some photos of the packing job and share them here.

I have had very few poor packing jobs from cabers. The vast majority have been fantastic. The ones that go "above and beyond" are Pete and Santi. Their packing has been over the top! Also Mike, prewarbikes4sale does a great job packing and shipping bikes. I have bought a couple of high end bikes from him and each came packed well and included a heavy filled bed comforter surrounding the bike for added protection..

@1817cent Personally, I would add Bob, @bobcycles to your list I've bought some parts from him and they were always really well packed. I would also say Tommy, @Hoagie57 - I bought a rocket ray from him and the packaging would have survived being lost at USPS for six months. While I've never bought from Santi I have purchased from Pete, @onecatahula - most recently a head badge. The head badge was protected on the top and bottom and then foam was custom cut and taped around in. Then it was sandwiched in between cardboard and placed meticulously inside of a bubble mailer!! Color me impressed on all of these sellers listed so far. They've all gone above and beyond to get the parts here unscathed. If I may add, reasonably fast too.

130082116_3460571930729444_3110458189873050586_o.jpg

Back