When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post pics of your "Fastback" zep-Hawthorne or rollfast

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Got hacked up brazing job by someone

20190525_185848.jpg

So @frankandpam posts a pic today of what looks like an original paint '37 Zep that has the high arching truss rods and built in dropstand ears. My '37 Zep has these same features although it is restored. The guy that restored my bike was the late Mike Mech and I spoke to him for a while about this bike. His claim was that it was a fairly complete, but very crusty bike and started as a real Zep. According to what has been posted before these are the frame characteristics by year:
1936: no dropstand ears, collet seat post
1937: no dropstand ears, regular seat post
1938-1941: dropstand ears, regular seatpost

I will add that the '37 Zeps I've seen with no dropstand ears have the flat, angular truss rods. I'm just wondering if at some point in '37 production of the Zep they switched frames? @rustjunkie what do you say?
V/r Shawn

View attachment 846208

View attachment 846209

View attachment 846210
Yez @rustjunkie what say you? Btw Shawn killer restoration. Love the bike.

Wait are these the same bike @Hawthornecrazy @frankandpam ? After looking at every bike on this thread this one is my favorite. I like @rustjunkie bike too. Bobbed rear fender and no front fender and all. Only 2 bikes other than mine have chrome fenders on this thread so I think i will chrome out my chainguard to match. Love these Snyder built bikes. Keep em coming!

IMG_2050.JPG.jpg

Zep6 - Copy.JPG.jpg

20141004_002JPG-1.jpg

20190610_165537.jpg

Back