When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre '33 AS&CO Serial Number Project

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Was going to say it looks like a repaired/replaced head tube. From the pic inside of head tube looks a little new. A look at the rear welds and font/layout of the serial would help
I had wondered that too, but also looking at the top the rear triangle, it has a a more “pinched off” A shape to it. I’m not very familiar with Iver Johnsons, but I feel like I’ve seen some with that arrangement. Not sure on the head tube though.

I could be wrong, but I don’t believe this is a Schwinn. Have never come across a Schwinn with that kind of head tube construction.
Here are some more photos. Serial number seems correct.

IMG_4020.JPG

IMG_4023.JPG

IMG_4025.JPG

IMG_4027.JPG

IMG_4029.JPG

IMG_4030.JPG

IMG_4033.JPG

IMG_4035.JPG

Was going to say it looks like a repaired/replaced head tube. From the pic inside of head tube looks a little new. A look at the rear welds and font/layout of the serial would help
Here are some more photos. Serial number seems correct. See response to Rusty's post Thanks

Been working away on my custom 1924 Hawthorne Deluxe. Got what’s left of the paint a little polished up. Hardware cleaned and de-rusted. Had a little kerfuffle with the new Velocity Blunts that I ordered, didn’t even realize it wasn’t specified on the website what the hole count was…. I didn’t even think about it when I ordered, never checked them when they showed up and didn’t notice till I sat down to lace them up… 32 hole…. After a back and forth with the company I bought them from (it took some work) I got them to finally take them back…

Bars are temporary ones I made awhile back for my ‘33. I’m in the market for a correct set of crossbars for this 20’s Schwinn…

I need to do an update to the list soon... Thanks for posting. Have you verified crank date on this one?
No, it got parted out as I couldn't get any interest in it whole. Didn't think to get crank numbers but bike was completely original. Take a look at the original posting on Aug. 9, 2016.

Last edited:
Having a hard time seeing Schwinn on the Edward and Christ. Fender profile and braces, stem as well as frame construction don't look to be Schwinn. Also, the tail on the "2" of the serial is unlike any I've seen on early AS & CO

Having a hard time seeing Schwinn on the Edward and Christ. Fender profile and braces, stem as well as frame construction don't look to be Schwinn. Also, the tail on the "2" of the serial is unlike any I've seen on early AS & CO
Agreed. Not a Schwinn after looking at that thread. Top of the rear triangle is the tell tale.

Back