When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Preserving crust

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

rickyd

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Bought this at the swap with nothing more in mind than a wall art project. Seeking advice as to what others have used to create a surface that retains some character yet does not look like bleeding rust. Some pics would be nice. Thanks in advance Rick
IMG_2003.JPG

THERE ARE PAINT PRODUCTS THAT LET YOU PAINT OVER RUST
AND IT SOLIDIFIES THE RUST. I THINK IT MAY BE A RUSTOLEUM PRODUCT.

Shoot/spray it with a light coat of BLO thinned down with mineral spirits.

WD40 it. Then send it to me. I'll build it and ride it instead of making a useless wallhanger.

WD40 it. Then send it to me. I'll build it and ride it instead of making a useless wallhanger.
send 200 dollars to my paypal account [email protected], your address and it will be on its way. I might note it is rusted through in about 6 places and being held together with what appears to be jbweld and yes I will spray it with wd40.

send 200 dollars to my paypal account [email protected], your address and it will be on its way. I might note it is rusted through in about 6 places and being held together with what appears to be jbweld and yes I will spray it with wd40.
If it wasn't rusted thru, I'd be interested. But... I'll pass.

Back