When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Prewar Shelby? New to restorations & would love any tips or knowledge!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
My Western Flyer Shelby predates this a little judging by the forks, but has the same chainwheel. So yours may be
correct and not replaced.
Maybe an expert can weigh in: When did Shelby go to a 1/2 pitch chain? From what I have seen, it must have been 1938 or so

Reactions: JLF
:)
That bike had all kinds of reflectors and lights in the first pic.
I think @BLWNMNY brought up a good point. Are there no badge holes? Are wishbone frames with no badge holes worth much more than a frame with them as they would have been decked out something like this?
It seems as though there were decked out Hiawatha Arrows and Shelby Airflo bikes like this from 1940?
1602239097878.png

The hub date of 4 on a Morrow is the 4th quarter of the year they only used 1 2 3 4. You are correct on the year H 1938. They are a fairly easy rebuild, just need to get the first set up part right! Good luck with your project t, Gary

Last edited:
I agree with Superman1984.They are my favorite rider.

View attachment 1280817

View attachment 1280818

View attachment 1280819
1st time somebody said I was right in a while.lol. I was just saying if they're going to restore it & it takes time to gather the proper parts then might as well enjoy it now some as a rider. I regret not riding some that coulda been ridden as found before I took'em apart. I have misplaced parts due to tearing them apart thinking I'll do blah blah & then it leads to "while I'm at it" & Bingo was his name :tearsofjoy: . By the time you find some parts you're like WTF is this & what did it go to or how exactly.

Great project! I have two (prewar Shelby’s) myself and would be happy to have more! Wonderful bikes to ride. Enjoy the process!

The hub date of 4 on a Morrow is the 4th quarter of the year they only used 1 2 3 4. You are correct on the year H 1948. They are a fairly easy rebuild, just need to get the first set up part right! Good luck with your project t, Gary
Whoops! 1938!!! Fat fingers on my phone lol

Back