When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Resizing Sturmey Archer drum brake cable?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
In the pic, barrel bolt knarp is down the cable, appears incorrect placement

View attachment 1579235
Absolutely, I did this on accident putting it back together for these pics. It was installed correctly when the bike was rideable.

1646098269139.png

Just wasn't sure how to seal off the end so that bolt stays on the cable after I cut it. Turns out I don't. I take the old barrel off entirely and use one that will pinch to the cable. Something I have purchased and it seems to be working.

IMG_2216.jpeg

My stuff for building custom cables and brake straps came today ordered 22 days ago from the UK .
from practicalcycles on eBay $33.60 US. including shipping best price I could find .
Also has a good selection of Sturmey Archer products and Parts .
If anyone knows of a closer place to get them on line please chime in .

Just thought I would ad this put the front fork clamp on today and chrome came off like a piece of ribbon .
Still functions but got ahold of practicalcycles told them my problem they said it could have been a bad fit or over tightening .
Then sent an immediate refund .
Will buy from them again .
Cheers mates

Back