When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rubber block pedal assembly questions on '95 Phantom reproduction

-

oldcars

Look Ma, No Hands!
Hi, I just bought an incomplete but never assembled Red 1995 Phantom reproduction at a yard sale, it was missing the tank and seat, but otherwise complete, and in pretty decent shape. The pedals came wrapped up in packaging material, and look to be never mounted on the bike. they had the reflector blocks mounted to the pedals, but came with the correct looking non-reflector blocks. I took them apart to change out the blocks, and I'm wondering if there is some trick to pressing them back together again and forcing those little pointed tabs into the rubber blocks?

Also, does anyone happen to have a 95 reproduction red Phantom tank they aren't using? Long shot I know.

Hi, I just bought an incomplete but never assembled Red 1995 Phantom reproduction at a yard sale, it was missing the tank and seat, but otherwise complete, and in pretty decent shape. The pedals came wrapped up in packaging material, and look to be never mounted on the bike. they had the reflector blocks mounted to the pedals, but came with the correct looking non-reflector blocks. I took them apart to change out the blocks, and I'm wondering if there is some trick to pressing them back together again and forcing those little pointed tabs into the rubber blocks?

Also, does anyone happen to have a 95 reproduction red Phantom tank they aren't using? Long shot I know.
Nevermind on the pedal question, I figured it out. The key to success was dish soap and a 6" bench vice.....

I do still need a tank though, and probably some red grips ! And eventually a seat to replace the one I robbed off another bike !

There’s more pedals there’s the correct AS Schwinn pedals but these are persons with Torrington blocks

5D9B6A2C-9CF4-45E0-A6CA-13817F2DE1A6.png

1981FE46-4EF0-42B2-ABFD-60431E772DCE.png

Back