S2 rims

• Regarding bumping ads in the classifed forums, we've just installed a new (customized) add-on that will change the way ads are bumped to the top. Please refer to the post "Bumping Classifed Ads" for details.
Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
These ads go away when you register for an account!

WES PINCHOT

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Aug 16, 2006
CHICAGO AREA
THE stainless rims RIMS DID HAVE KNURLING. I SAW THEM AND THEY WERE A PAIR OF S-2',
BUT THAT WAS OVER 5 YEARS AT MLC. A NEW YORK COLLECTOR FROM NEW YORK WAS TRYING
TO SELL THEM, BUT NO TAKERS. THE STAINLESS WAS NOT GLOSSY.
IT WOULD TAKE A LOT OF WORK, BUT STAINLESS STEEL CAN BE BUFFED TO A MIRROR FINISH.
I HAVE SEEN STAINLESS STEEL BUFFED TO A #8 MIRROR FINISH IN ARCHITECTURAL APPLICATIONS.

Oilit

I live for the CABE
Dec 30, 2015
Concord NC
THE stainless rims RIMS DID HAVE KNURLING. I SAW THEM AND THEY WERE A PAIR OF S-2',
BUT THAT WAS OVER 5 YEARS AT MLC. A NEW YORK COLLECTOR FROM NEW YORK WAS TRYING
TO SELL THEM, BUT NO TAKERS. THE STAINLESS WAS NOT GLOSSY.
IT WOULD TAKE A LOT OF WORK, BUT STAINLESS STEEL CAN BE BUFFED TO A MIRROR FINISH.
I HAVE SEEN STAINLESS STEEL BUFFED TO A #8 MIRROR FINISH IN ARCHITECTURAL APPLICATIONS.
The stainless S-6 rims on my 1949 New World aren't knurled, but my understanding is that the first year chrome and painted S-2's were also smooth, so I would guess that there may be stainless S-2's that are smooth, if they made them in 1948. Unless somebody finds out exactly when they were produced, I don't think you can rule anything out. Do you know if the New York collector is on the CABE?

Last edited:
This ad goes away when you register for an account!