When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

second of 2 questions 5 sided fenders

-

37fleetwood

Riding a '37 Fleetwood
I recently acquired these fenders. I have been told several things about them, all of them in disagreement. if you know (not think) please let me know. also they may be available soon.
P1010734.gif

P1010736.gif

Scott:cool:

5 Sides

1. Inside
2. Outside
3. Bad side
4. Good side
5. Upside
6. Downside... I've listed more than 5 sides and I don't
know what they belong to.

Gen. Mc Cracken????

See you Sunday in Long Beach for the Cyclone Coaster ride.
We'll be checking out the vintage car show in Belmont Shore
(after some riding) and showing off our rides!!!

Can't...do it captin...

Sorry Schwinja.... The troops must go on without me... You could come down to DAGO and ride the bridge if you want to pay for San Diego's NON REPAIRED ROADS!!!:eek:

These fenders do look a little Colsonish/Evanish too... Rollfast had some rounded with a ridge as well.... where is RMS37... to correct us...HE HE:D

J A M I E

Well?.

I know that what I know is only what I think I know, and since that is what I think, I am cautious about going out on a limb with information that might be misconstrued as knowledge.

But since you asked, I have seen a couple sets of 5-sided chrome fenders in my time. When the first set turned up on a pieced together CWC bike, local opinion was that they were some sort of aftermarket replacement fender. Later a reference was found in Huffman-Dayton literature that depicts optional ?Colonial? pattern fenders with a distinct 5-sided cross-section. I think the reference may have been in a 1937 catalog but I don?t have those references handy to me now. If someone else doesn?t come up with the illustration I?ll try to dig it up.

I haven?t seen an unimpeachable original Huffman-Dayton with Colonial fenders to compare to or measure but Scott?s fenders look just like the other 5-sided fenders I have seen. A test would be to see how the mounting holes line up to a frame.

Phil

There was a Dayton-Huffman at the Davenport AMCA meet with fenders that had the flat area on top, cant remember if they were 5 sided tho, bike was in primer........yea I know that probably dont help much but I havent posted in a while.....:p

I agree with aftermarket replacement one. I think it was someone that tried to compete with wald and stock items. So for a couple years there were odd fenders that showed up on a few bikes ranging in years and manufacturer, thus all the disagreements.

Back