When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your NON-BICYCLE bicycle parts.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Tinker, for love of all that's holy chop down those "tree of heaven" seedlings! They are the tree zebra mussels of the midwest!
They're not "Tree of Heaven," which is another Chinese invasive import. Neither are they poisonous or cause any allergic reaction. What you see is Staghorn Sumac, a non-invasive shrub, native to the midwestern United States. It's an aggressive shrub, but not in any way invasive, and although it looks similar to the Tree of Heaven, [ sometimes referred to as "tree of hell" ] it's not related to it. It's a beautiful shrub in the fall [as you can see] and is easy to control if you keep an eye on it. The problem arises when it's left alone, it spreads out. Kinda like our bike collections. The name "Pink Lemonade" was derived from the use of this shrub's red berries to make a lemonade-like drink. I'll send you some small plants, and you'll thank me.

Not so concerned about the sumac ,more so concerned about when you having a sale on springer forks. Haha
They're not "Tree of Heaven," which is another Chinese invasive import. Neither are they poisonous or cause any allergic reaction. What you see is Staghorn Sumac, a non-invasive shrub, native to the midwestern United States. It's an aggressive shrub, but not in any way invasive, and although it looks similar to the Tree of Heaven, [ sometimes referred to as "tree of hell" ] it's not related to it. It's a beautiful shrub in the fall [as you can see] and is easy to control if you keep an eye on it. The problem arises when it's left alone, it spreads out. Kinda like our bike collections. The name "Pink Lemonade" was derived from the use of this shrub's red berries to make a lemonade-like drink. I'll send you some small plants, and you'll thank me.

I've been looking for a young specimen in the lots around me for a long time.
I have a great yard set up (retains water for a while; big duckweed area) that is just begging for one or more.

Sumac does not like wet areas. It's roots stay close to the surface, usually no deeper than 5-6 inches. It likes sunny hillsides. It will do fine in flat areas, as long as it's in open sun and well drained. Extremely hard to start by seeds, don't even bother. Why folks hate it so much is, that it sends out runners. It will pop up on the other side of your yard. You just have mow it down. If you like having a perfect lawn, don't plant sumac. If your yard is rural, it's It's nice.

My neighbor dumps his drainage water on my yard so I maintain a ditch and send it to another part of HIS property. He has a fence and other screening so he doesn't have to look at my yard. would like to have Sumac for him to look at and get his blood pressure high. I like the natural way it grows and can deal with the runners growing into my garden. The two other main benefits are the fall foliage and the pink tea made from the seed heads. When you gather them for tea be sure to NOT lose the hairy fibers on the seeds. They carry the pink tea flavor and lots of the vitamin C. I think I have a reason to grow Sumac but as said here it is difficult to grow from seed. One day I will go and harvest some rhizomes from the road side. Be Well,

My neighbor dumps his drainage water on my yard so I maintain a ditch and send it to another part of HIS property. He has a fence and other screening so he doesn't have to look at my yard. would like to have Sumac for him to look at and get his blood pressure high. I like the natural way it grows and can deal with the runners growing into my garden. The two other main benefits are the fall foliage and the pink tea made from the seed heads. When you gather them for tea be sure to NOT lose the hairy fibers on the seeds. They carry the pink tea flavor and lots of the vitamin C. I think I have a reason to grow Sumac but as said here it is difficult to grow from seed. One day I will go and harvest some rhizomes from the road side. Be Well,
I've been looking for a place to scavenge one or two for a couple of years now with no luck.
This thread kicked me in the behind so I just bought two 3-4 foot bare root plants to be delivered in the Spring.

Back