When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Siren Song Schwinn 1979 Heavy Duti

-

schwinnbikebobb

I live for the CABE
Picked this up a few weeks ago. It had sat for a few weeks on Facebook and I kept thinking someone will buy it to remove the temptation. Nobody did and the Siren Song we all know so well started singing. “it’s not that easy to find a Heavy-Duti” “this looks nice and so many are beat to crap” “it would look sharp with whitewalls and white grips” “It’s local and I’m going to be close to there tomorrow” OK OK Siren you win as you do most of the time! I made an offer, he accepted and I picked it up the next day.

It looks like this spent its whole life inside. Unmolested original with factory grease, tires (Tractor) tubes. It’s a June 19 1979. Virtually no rust, no dents in fenders, chrome and paint great. I’m glad the Siren finally set me straight

010.JPG

012.JPG

004.JPG

That looks like it's brand new! Is that a 2021 Anniversary repop made by Detroit Bikes? 🤩

Super nice! I see that the black grips are slotted. Does anyone know what they were used for?

Back