When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sunday's Show and Tell ...8/8/21

-
My cousin gifted me this jeweled mudflap on a recent visit ... 😎

I stopped at goodwill today, and found some neat outdoor themed toys for really cheap.

A PSE Pro Max 62 Take Down Bow, and a Crossman Sling Shot. I recently broke the band on my past sling shot, and I was able to buy this one for less than the cost of a replacement band.

I also got lucky and there were about 20 fishing rods in the store for 5$ a piece. I picked 4 out of the lot to bring home. The rods are some nicer quality late 80's / early 90's era rods

#1 Garcia Conolon B520-A Heavy Action Musky Rod, This one is as stiff as a broom stick.
#2 Fenwick CA573, with a Lew's Fuji Speed A Fit Handle.
#3 Shimano SM1581 Speed Master Fighting Rod. This rod alone sells in the second hand market for more than I paid for everything today.
#4 Lew's Laser LS4-166PP Speed A Stick. Ebay sale prices on this rod are also up there in price.

The reels did not come on the rods, I already had those.

I also responded to a local add posted today for a vintage road bike. After I responded, I noticed the sellers name and realized he is a friend of my parents. If the bike is my size I will end up buying the bike and will post it later this week.

Last edited:
I was hoping I was going to be able to purchase the vintage road bike I mentioned above, but got a message back that it sold fast before I contacted the guy. It was a Ross Signature series, with a Ishiwata EX triple butted frame. Its too bad I did not respond faster. I think I would have liked it.

It was a steal, he was only asking $50.

On a side note: Just great, the towns tornado sirens just started going off. This area was hit by another tornado just a month ago, and it damaged over 100 homes. 😧

This year I already has a large tree branch fall on my SUV in another storm, luckily it was a glancing blow that just caused a minor dent and a few scratches.

Last edited:
Back