When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tuning Fenders

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

saladshooter

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Howdy

One of the many things I still need to figure out regarding old bikes is how to properly tune my fenders. There may just be too many variables with any given situation to discuss here. But any tricks anybody can share would be appreciated. As sometimes the obvious escapes me.

Thank you!
Chad

You can tune a piano but you can't tuna fish.... Sorry couldn't resist. I assume you mean adjusting the fenders. If this is the case one of the basic things to check first is trueness of the forks/frame. If either of these are tweaked just a little bit the fenders will not point straight. V/r Shawn

What song do you want it to sing and in what key. Sorry couldn't resist.

Oh for the love of Pete! :p

Nobody else cares about their fenders being centered above their wheels? Or just a difficult question to answer?

Thanks
Chad

It's a mater of try and try again
Loosen the wheel and move side to side
Bend or straighten the
braces
Like you said difficult question

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with Jafco it's all about wheel adjustment and trueness if you want that perfectly straight look. The fenders are a fixed object and unless they are bent or the stays bent it's all in tuna-ing of the wheels. ;)

Back