Ugly Bike

• Please be aware: We have had several reports of members receiving private messages from newly registered members claiming that their friend has the part or bike they are looking for, and that they should email this person directly. This is a scam! If it looks even slightly suspicious, PLEASE REPORT this to us immediately so that we can investigate and if necessary, ban the member to prevent them from targeting other members. Thank you, CABE staff
Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
These ads go away when you register for an account!

dfa242

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
May 16, 2011
Wrentham, MA
Oh come on now Dean, I know you don't really think that's ugly. Beyond patina perhaps, but it's still a beautiful relic.
Well, it is currently my ugliest - just doing as I'm told after all.

partsguy

I'm the Wiz, and nobody beats me!
Aug 13, 2008
Planet Vulcan
All this and not one single Huffy Omni? That was Huffy's Edsel (in my opinion). There are other Huffy lightweights from the late 80s and early 90s that are just painful to look at.

kngtmat

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Jul 31, 2011
Auburndale, FL
I like the Edsel so I don't know what you mean about that, I lived and now live by the town Winter Haven Fl where the first Edsel was sold which the building is still there and the first Publix store.

MantonSmith

Finally riding a big boys bike
Apr 5, 2011
Lake Geneva, WI
Rusty Elgin

copley 333.jpg
copley 334.jpg
copley 335.jpg
Heres my rusty Elgin, I believe it fits the ugly category. Tank has holes rotted through the left side, rides nice though.

Flat Tire

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Feb 24, 2007
Blanchester, ohio United States
I've always liked this model Shelby, but I have to admit this one is a bit ugly:rolleyes:

Schwinnpatch001.gif

sdjoe86

On Training Wheels
Apr 21, 2011
Not sure if I get the point of this thread?
So if the bike is not over-restored to an "original'' condition, it makes it ugly?

dxmadman

Aug 7, 2010
Odessa Texas
Ugly, but she's a keeper

Here's one for ya, I was surprised when a trash man offered to haul it off for me, My wife got a kick out of it!
235dd47f-1.jpg
134faa6f-1.jpg

This ad goes away when you register for an account!

Boris

Fat tired old rider
Feb 16, 2008
Portland, OR 97206
Not sure if I get the point of this thread?
So if the bike is not over-restored to an "original'' condition, it makes it ugly?
Not sure if I get the point of your question.

Boris

Fat tired old rider
Feb 16, 2008
Portland, OR 97206
Does that mean I win? :D
It's not a contest. But if it were, it wouldn't be over yet, so it's hard to say. Maybe a contest would be a good idea and Vince's Cheetos Bike could be the GRAND PRIZE, since that's the bike that started this thread in the first place.

BlueTarp

Finally riding a big boys bike
Dec 11, 2011
Ugly is a broad category and without some qualifiers many bikes could be considered ugly for several divergent reasons.

A bike could be ugly only because the aftermarket accessory porta-potty unit fitted to the bike throws off the aesthetic balance of the bike as a whole.

Another personal judgment call would be to consider a bike ugly because the frame and sheetmetal do not contribute to a pleasing overall effect. Early 50’s Shelby airflows, much like the Cheeto’s bike, have been singled out and derided by some in previous threads on this site for that reason. Similarly some factory and some home paint schemes and colors are not to everyone’s taste.

Or; a bike could be considered ugly just for having more or less patina than is preferred by the observer. This seems to be where many of the posts so far are coming from featuring bikes that look to have been left to the elements too long.

Lastly, I suppose, bikes could be deemed ugly for just possessing a mean streak. I have a MK IV Jag that I refuse to ride anymore because the 3-Speed has a nasty habit of shifting into neutral at exact the wrong moment.

Oh, and Dave, your engraved invitation to LeMay (for you, your girl's Schwinn, and one guest) is in the mail. Please remember to empty the holding tank before arriving at the event as there are no sanitary connections available at the Concours.

Ozark Flyer

I live for the CABE
Jun 28, 2010
Hickory Creek, AR
I think this is our ugliest bike

IMG_0485.jpg
Blue Tarp, this is what qualifies as ugly! ^^^. Sorry S&F but it is what it is. It qualifies in most every category except the port-o-potty and I'm not sure that giant poop catcher of a basket on the front might qualify as a handi-can also.

Last edited:

Sherry and Fritz

'Lil Knee Scuffer
Jun 14, 2012
Marion, SC
2 UGLY Rides

Ha! Yes, we know they are both horrible! I still say the huge basket with the big reflector on it takes the prize!!!!!!

OldRider

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Jul 2, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
I think this is our ugliest bike

IMG_0485.jpg
Thats not ugly to me, I love good patina like that. I thought this thread was a great idea but like Phil said its turning more into a rust bucket parade then anything else . If rusty patina is considered ugly then my Huffman is a definite qualifier, but I happen to think its the most beautiful bike I've ever owned . Lets not forget that beauty , or ugliness for that matter is in the eye of the beholder :)

dxmadman

Aug 7, 2010
Odessa Texas
Do you ride it?

This would be good for rideable bikes, i mean you know it's ugly but you ride it anyway, the ones you will lie and say that's not my bike, or it belongs to a friend. Any body have any of those bikes?

Boris

Fat tired old rider
Feb 16, 2008
Portland, OR 97206
This would be good for rideable bikes, i mean you know it's ugly but you ride it anyway, the ones you will lie and say that's not my bike, or it belongs to a friend. Any body have any of those bikes?
That's good. I do ride my patched together Colson, and I like that she's not all pretty and everything. Sure rides good though!

This ad goes away when you register for an account!