When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vicini 1970s (?)

-
-----

changed upon this example in the course of the day's peregrinatory

it is dated as "late 1970's"

1668536888763.png

-----

Thanks for the example; definitely a newer model.

I just picked up a panto'd stem, already have a Vicini Campy SR post. I have been slightly sidelined the past month so no real progress other than the gathering of parts. End of year petsonal projects stacking up: Gloria Garabaldini, Gandolfi, Fondriest X Status, et al. Thankfully those bikes are essentially complete and just need some servicing before putting on the road. Not too worried since selling season down in FLA is months away; I do not deal with Xmas sales insanity. Plus helping someone restore a Crescent 320 for their son-in-law as a holiday gift.

Last edited:
Stem I recently got. Excellent deep pantograph which should make polishing easier. I think it is a "Criterium" model, 100mm.
Slotted top.

Here is my "Vicini" post; mid-late 80s Campy Super Record single bolt in a very sad condition. Corrosion has deteriorated the shaft where it sat at the seat lug (I wonder what the frame looked like!). Damage is quite deep having eradicated part of the pantograph. I have never had corrosion damage that deep on any part in the past. When mounted on the frame it will certainly be exposed.

I have no real experience in trying to restore a component with that degree of damage. I can only think of soldering the area, but I have no idea as to what solder type/ratio to use for tinning and/or filling.

Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Specs: Bolt (steel) and spacer (steel) are chrome plated. Bolt: 13mm head (closer to 12.5mm), 40mm length, and pitch 1mm(?). Post length before taper is 175mm, with taper 185mm, length to center of clamp (with clamp perpendicular to post shaft) 215mm. Clamp rail width 43mm (c-c). Flutes (8) approx. 56mm long starting 2mm below taper. Markings: "LIMIT" (60mm from bottom); limit indicator marks (55mm from bottom); "BREV. INTER." above "CAMPAGNOLO" both on front of tapered shoulder; "27.2" on rear of tapered shoulder.

Back